PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

5 hours ago, Professor Finn said:

I'm really excited for the album but I want the box set to come sooner than Aug, I might end up just buying the retail one to listen to until then.

This is what I ended up doing. I ordered the box, but then wanted something for release day. So I then ordered the deluxe too because that's supposed to be out by Friday (right?).

but then I second guessed them having it out on time so I ordered the standard version from Amazon who will get it to my by Friday. 

So I'm weird. 

The Super Deluxe Edition Box Set is available through Amazon. 

Humanz: Super Deluxe Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XW1PXHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_un2.ybQAE9GFS

it also seems like my order for the deluxe edition disappeared? I'm not even seeing a listing for it anymore?

Edited by ejc625

12 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

The Super Deluxe Edition Box Set is available through Amazon. 

Humanz: Super Deluxe Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XW1PXHM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_un2.ybQAE9GFS

it also seems like my order for the deluxe edition disappeared? I'm not even seeing a listing for it anymore?

Amazon Japan price is lower... Not sure how much Prime customers have to pay for shipping but it might be worth it https://www.heidoc.net/amazon/amazon_global_check.php?q=&asin=B06XW1PXHM&button=GO

Edited by armadillo01

6 hours ago, timsimmons said:

This is what I ended up doing. I ordered the box, but then wanted something for release day. So I then ordered the deluxe too because that's supposed to be out by Friday (right?).

but then I second guessed them having it out on time so I ordered the standard version from Amazon who will get it to my by Friday. 

So I'm weird. 

Jeez, It seems weird to spend the extra money to get the Deluxe too since you're already going to be getting the book later on. But hey, I spent an irresponsible amount too so I'm not qualified to judge. 

Any reports on Amazon US cancelling deluxe orders? My wife read me somethng from facebook about some douche whining because Amazon cancelled his order "for no apparent reason ".  I mean, that situation sucks but the way he wrote it out, the kid just sounded like a big cry baby. Anyone else with a similar issue?

My Amazon UK deluxe order is still reporting it will ship Apr 29.

4 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Any reports on Amazon US cancelling deluxe orders? My wife read me somethng from facebook about some douche whining because Amazon cancelled his order "for no apparent reason ".  I mean, that situation sucks but the way he wrote it out, the kid just sounded like a big cry baby. Anyone else with a similar issue?

My Amazon UK deluxe order is still reporting it will ship Apr 29.

I think my order was cancelled. Didn't get a notification or anything - it just disappeared from my orders. 

36 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Jeez, It seems weird to spend the extra money to get the Deluxe too since you're already going to be getting the book later on. But hey, I spent an irresponsible amount too so I'm not qualified to judge. 

Oh no doubt it was stupid. I was on a plane using air wifi and you couple that with the site slow down and the issues people were having when it was announced, I basically wanted to make sure I  got something.  I cancelled the Amazon regular version because it will be streaming. I just thought it was a funny story to share that as of this morning I had all 3 versions on order.

21 minutes ago, tug said:

I enjoy the songs 'clint eastwood' and 'feel good inc' a lot. But I don't really know too many other songs by this band. I was looking at them on wiki and see how many albums they sold. It's crazy impressive how big this band became using fake cartoon characters. 

Imagine how popular they'd be if they used real cartoon characters!

Very confused on the deluxe version, I ordered it through Best Buy, does it exist outside of the Gorillaz store or not?  Strangely, the item is no longer available on their website, but my order is still open/not cancelled.  I did read through a lot of this thread, but can't find a concrete answer.  So Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Oldmusicbidnessguy said:

Very confused on the deluxe version, I ordered it through Best Buy, does it exist outside of the Gorillaz store or not?  Strangely, the item is no longer available on their website, but my order is still open/not cancelled.  I did read through a lot of this thread, but can't find a concrete answer.  So Thanks!

I'm not sure if they ever said it themselves but when all the retailers besides Gorillaz started cancelling orders we were left to assume. and I think Bullmoose said something about it but I can't remember what.

5 hours ago, Number11 said:

Has anyone's Amazon UK order shipped yet? (deluxe version)

Mine still hasn't been cancelled yet so it will be interesting to see if it turns up tomorrow.

My deluxe shipped from amazon UK a few hours ago.

I would be surprised if any of their stock gets cancelled considering it still says its available for pre order. 

Edited by darkeyelids

We got the promo cd in yesterday at work, was really let down. All the other 3 Gorillaz albums were instant classics to me, this one was a struggle to even get through. Not one song got stuck in my head or demanded my attention. Glad other people are enjoying/excited but had I blind bought I'd have been disappointed severely.