PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Pretty cool that Pitchfork allow you to stream this album while you can read about how it's mediocre at best.  Just barely missed that 7.  Not that their reviews mean a whole lot, but it's just strange (to me) that any publication would dedicate a stream to something that scored so lukewarm.  But also not surprising, because money.  That's how you know it's the rull good shit.

That reviewer gave More Life a 7.8 and Pablo a 9.0. It's hard to believe that he didn't enjoy the playlist nature of like Pablo's. Keep in mind Demon Days has the same exact score on that site too.

Anyone who's been considering the deluxe with art book, amazon.de has a couple left for $70 shipped to the US:

https://www.amazon.de/Humanz-Deluxe-Vinyl-inkl-Book/dp/B06XSKTG6V

Recordstore.co.uk has a couple too, but a bit more expensive

Seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere else..

Edited by Darnoc

10 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

Anyone who's been considering the deluxe with art book, amazon.de has a couple left for $70 shipped to the US:

https://www.amazon.de/Humanz-Deluxe-Vinyl-inkl-Book/dp/B06XSKTG6V

Recordstore.co.uk has a couple too, but a bit more expensive

Seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere else..

Thanks for this.  Went ahead and grabbed it and will probably cancel or sell my autographed box set.

The album just seems like a compilation with a couple good tracks and a bunch of decent tracks, all of which are from artists I really enjoy. Ascension and Let Me Out remain my favorites, however that De La Soul track is horrible. Busted and Blue and She's My Collar will probably grow on me. Also, I finally found a Danny Brown song I don't really like. *sad trombone sounds*

I've listened a few times. Like it. Suppose it is what I expected. Not enough 2-D for me, especially in the first half of the album. But that is just what this project is for Damon now. But I'm happy with it overall. Also wish that the deluxe came with the extra tracks on vinyl. Seems to serve as an epilogue to the arc of the main album, and almost feels incomplete without those tracks.

Been a huge Gorillaz fan for 16 years now and after spinning this for a week I will officially say Im let down.  I should have known better too after listening to Plastic Beach.  That was the downfall of Gorillaz.  First two LPs are great and I even enjoy G Sides and Demon Days outtakes and The Fall.  This was a surprise to me too because the five singles they released before hand were excellent.  But the rest is garbage.  Sex Murder Party, Money, and Blue are cringe worthy.  The rest is just filler.  Happy I didn’t pre-order this and happy I didn’t grab tickets to their Philly show this summer.  Luckily I got to see gorillaz twice in 2010 and that was enough.  Only thing better than that (goirllaz related) was seeing Deltron 3030 live.  Now that was an experience and they even closed with Clint Eastwood.

4 hours ago, Number11 said:

The deluxe. I understand it doesn't fit in a regular record mailer.. but I doubt amazon ran out of larger boxes.

That's ridiculous, I can understand that for large appliances and large sports equipment but I've never heard of Amazon sticking the label on something that small. 

So pissed off! Just received my Amazon UK duluxe and as stated above, absolutely no packaging!!! Just sent as it. Corners all scuffed and on one corner the outer sleeve has ripped. Looks like Amazon will replace but at the hassle of me having to send back the damaged one leaving me to find a packaging solution which they couldn't. 

On 4/27/2017 at 10:46 AM, rogeoa8 said:

27 minutes ago, gondolavinyl said:

So pissed off! Just received my Amazon UK duluxe and as stated above, absolutely no packaging!!! Just sent as it. Corners all scuffed and on one corner the outer sleeve has ripped. Looks like Amazon will replace but at the hassle of me having to send back the damaged one leaving me to find a packaging solution which they couldn't. 

Thats not a good sign. WTF were they thinking? Ifits already damaged, why do you need to find a better way to package it?  Id just send it back the same way it was received.

Not looking forward to mine arriving via Amazon UK.

Edited by vinyl addict

hmmm interesting.  its not uncommon for an amazon listing to have what i say is an error notification on the listing that says something like 'this items packaging will relive what it is, choose box this gift you if you want it boxed'  and once time i had it gifted box but it came in a record mailer and in a big box too.  so i thought it was a mistake and every time after that i received it in a mailer so that is strange. prob 1 person not familar with records mailing those and took that error  note seriously...

9 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

hated to do it; but just posted my OG copy of Demon Days on eBay.  Moving out this month and looking to purchase new furniture and stuff for new home.  Plus I haven't spun it in years.  Always just play it on my iPod in the car or work.

Your Original Gangster copy of Demon Days?

Is yours the copy that gives no grading for the vinyl?

Edited by vinyl addict

OK cool, I see a NJ listing that reads: "Records spin fine with no skips or surface noise."

That one would get higher bids with an actual grading on the record. That's an auction for an original press, I dont know anything about your "OG" copy.

Edited by vinyl addict