PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

Have a feeling Humanz  could do well in terms of record sales. Maybe one of the biggest releases this year if the demand and hype is delivered. Unfortunately, it seems that both Gorillaz and Warner might have been caught off-guard. Almost like how the same situation happened to VMP  with DD, except they at least had the foresight to close off subscriptions before this happened. Pretty sure the vinyl pressing plants will be busy with this record.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

If anything gets fucked with that order you'll be stuck with SRC credit

Not if you use PayPal. PP don't tolerate those shenanigans!

Any vendor that accepts PP as form a payment for a preorder technically must guarantee the item to be delivered in 20 days from the time the order is placed.  If they don't deliver in time, a PP dispute will always land in the buyer's favor. I've had to use this policy against them twice in the past.

Honestly, any PP funds that are being held against a customer and only being converted to "credits" I'd imagine would be a big no-no for PP. Speaking specifically for canceling an item before it's shipped. Some companies try to get around this by saying the order is "processing" and can't be altered, which is obviously BS, and I've also taken those kinds of assholes down before as well.

I've seen Amazon take pre-orders for things that never end up shipping. They just tell you on release day they are still trying to get it. You'll get that email ever 2 months or so. 

Not to bum you all out, but just to taper expectations. 

Edited by timsimmons

Deluxes (and Super Deluxes) are back up in the Gorillaz UK store. And Amazon UK marked the price up to what it was prob supposed to be the whole time.

I'm starting to think these will be retail released in the UK and everyone else just got allotted amounts. After the Bullmoose cancellation, I locked in an order on Amazon UK for 40 pounds. Starting to feel better about that now, if my hunch is correct.

This may be a stupid question but since all the Deluxe versions were all pulled, the U.K. Site has some available now and I want to order through them. I'm in the states of course. Hasn't anyone in the states pre ordered from the U.K. site? How do you feel about it? I know it may take a while to get here but, I think it'll be a chance I want to take. 

Well I just ordered from the U.K. store. and now I officially hate myself for paying waaaay too much. Still have the Amazon preorder, so I have that going for me.... hopefully more news will come from this, so I can cancel from the official store (again). 

Edited by PookdaddyG

22 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

So it seems like they are putting out remixes (The Saturnz Barz remix sounds fantastic). I wonder if these are the alternate versions that will be on the flip side of the 12" in the box. 

No need to wonder.

http://store.gorillaz.com/uk/humanz-super-deluxe-vinyl-box-set.html