PO: London Grammar - Truth Is A Beautiful Thing (Deluxe Vinyl Edition)

What a cock up!!!... this is the biggest cluster fuck i have ever seen... ah well first world problem aye 

see emails:

THEM:

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your email, please accept our sincerest apologies for the mix-up.
Please could you return the incorrect item back to us using the returns address sticker on the invoice? Please return back to us using standard mail and we will of course reimburse your postage costs. To speed up the process we would be grateful if you could insert a note inside the package to advise of why you are returning it and the item you wish to exchange for. Once we receive it, we can then send out the correct item. 
Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Kindest regards,
Chloe on behalf of the customer service team

ME:
Hi This has been sent back... con note 421785593 with TNT Express... Please advise when correct signed marble deluxe 2 lp record will be sent out...

THEM:
Hi Alex

We are sincerely sorry you received the wrong Vinyl. We have unfortunately ran out of stock of the Signed Marbled edition.
With our apologies, please feel free to keep the Vinyl. (ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!!)   Furthermore we are sending you a signed CD as a token of our apologies. 
We understand any frustrations or disappointment this may have caused, and we thank you for your patience. 

Kindest regards,
Jordan, on behalf of the customer service team.

ME:

I sent the black vinyl back on your instruction!!!!!! What the hell... please send a refund immediately!!!

THEM:

I'm so sorry Alex! I have processed your refund, please allow 3-5 days for it to appear in your bank statement.

Please keep the signed CD when it arrives as our apology for you. Sincerely sorry about this Alex!

Kindest regards
Jordan, on behalf of the customer service team.

ME:
and what about the cost of the shipping  for me to send the INCORRECT item back?, i was told that this would be refunded to me as well?  (which was advised by chloe - see below) "Please return back to us using standard mail and we will of course reimburse your postage costs."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My non-deluxe black vinyl (single LP) copy that I bought in the US is quite noisy. Lots of white noise that is very noticeable in the quiet parts. I suspect it has something to do with all the songs being jammed onto one platter vs. split into many (like the deluxe version?).  The mastering engineer has to fit all that info into a limited amount of space so they can't cut it hot (making the grooves wider and taking up more space).  I have to crank my preamp to listen at a decent vol. It was cut very quiet - S/N ratio is in the tank.

Disappointing sound quality for such a great production and recording! Apple music's AAC stream sounds noticeably better :unsure: 

Maybe I should buy a Deluxe edition if it's split across 2 LPs and is noticeably better sounding.

Edited by Spindrift
clarity