Iron Maiden Reissues!

On 05/19/2017 at 11:53 AM, Le Gogh said:

My box arrived today, along with X Factor and Virtual XI. Haven't had a chance to listen to them as I had to head out after unboxing everything. Will listen tomorrow! 

The box is absolutely huge.... 

How was the box packed? Did they put styrofoam or cardboard inside? Just wondering cuz it's coming from UK to US, thx

13 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

How was the box packed? Did they put styrofoam or cardboard inside? Just wondering cuz it's coming from UK to US, thx

It was packed really well. The Maiden box itself has a sturdy cardboard box within it holding everything in place and then the whole thing is placed in a custom cardboard box, which is then in an Amazon box. I was quite impressed with how well it was packed to be honest. 

My FotD arrived from Amazon UK today. Waiting on Sgt Peppers 50th to arrive tomorrow and then I'll give them a wash. Hoping to spin FotD this weekend at some point.

I considered the box, but I don't need it. It takes up waaaaay to much space, and I'd never fill it, so it would just be wasted space. I managed to buy an empty box from the first box set, and I filled it up with all my originals rather than the represses. But after FotD, my interest faded a bit as Bruce left for a bit.

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

I consider FOTD to be the end of the classic period of Iron Maiden.

In fact it was one of the best of the classic period.

You sure are good at stating the obvious. Who would have thought a "classic period" would end when the lead singer of a band stepped away...

As far as your second statement:

Image result for are you fucking kidding me .gif

It's a solid album, but it's not even top 5 for me.

Got my euro copies of FotD, X and XI in today. I'm going to try to give them a listen this weekend to see how they sound. Will report back when I do.

Stoked to finally be able to snag these babies on black :)

Since I don't really do live albums, this finally gets me all the way through Brave New World. Can't wait to see the next two reissued sets.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...now someone needs to do the Blind Guardian back catalogue!

(And I'd like to get a clear copy of Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden to go with the rest of them I have.)

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Got my euro copies of FotD, X and XI in today. I'm going to try to give them a listen this weekend to see how they sound. Will report back when I do.

Stoked to finally be able to snag these babies on black :)

Since I don't really do live albums, this finally gets me all the way through Brave New World. Can't wait to see the next two reissued sets.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...now someone needs to do the Blind Guardian back catalogue!

(And I'd like to get a clear copy of Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden to go with the rest of them I have.)

But Flight 666 is SO good!

4 minutes ago, merlecakes said:

But Flight 666 is SO good!

Mehhhhh. Everybody says that about Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken too (and it's true, it's a great album), but I just can't find it in me to really care about having live albums on vinyl. Whenever I run across them for like...$10 or less I sometimes pick them up which is how I've ended up with a few in the ole collection.

58 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Got my euro copies of FotD, X and XI in today. I'm going to try to give them a listen this weekend to see how they sound.

And I'd like to get a clear copy of Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden to go with the rest of them I have.)

Interested in the X and XI... Maybe... I'll wait for your report;)

Did you get the colored Iced Earth from century? Or the Black versions?

53 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Mehhhhh. Everybody says that about Neko Case - The Tigers Have Spoken too (and it's true, it's a great album), but I just can't find it in me to really care about having live albums on vinyl. Whenever I run across them for like...$10 or less I sometimes pick them up which is how I've ended up with a few in the ole collection.

To each his own.  Far be it from me to argue with the Macho Man.  I've always loved a good live album.

9 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Interested in the X and XI... Maybe... I'll wait for your report;)

Did you get the colored Iced Earth from century? Or the Black versions?

I ordered through venture Europe and got the clear /100 for all the reissues so far :)

Whenever I can get clear for at or near the price of black, I go for it.

10 minutes ago, merlecakes said:

To each his own.  Far be it from me to argue with the Macho Man.  I've always loved a good live album.

Haha, maybe I'll give some live stuff another go soon. Something just gets lost in translation when recording from a real live show for me though.

Me and the Mrs have tickets to the O2 Arena show tomorrow here in London. Little bit hesitant about the whole thing after what happened in Manchester this week, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Can't let these idiots ruin a good gig! 

Gave X Factor and Virtual XI a spin. Sound is good, nothing to complain about really, but man I forgot how mediocre those albums were....