Iron Maiden Reissues!

On 3/24/2017 at 8:22 PM, Metal Mike said:

Sorry, just saw this.

Turn in your metal card sir.

Does that mean I have to turn in the years upon years, before metal was "cool," of being harassed, called Satanic, ostracized, etc or just the card? ;)

What about my tickets to the Iron Maiden show coming up in July? =/

Or my passes upon passes to serious metal shows in my scrap book? ;)

1 minute ago, Battra said:

Does that mean I have to turn in the years upon years, before metal was "cool," of being harassed, called Satanic, ostracized, etc or just the card? ;)

yes

Well good luck keeping me from the show!

Good luck getting my Carcass, Slayer, Obituary, King Diamond, etc press passes. :)

As for the Maiden Re-issues...I've not seen Beast for $20 (shipping included) or on the rack for $20...and $30 for Live After Death...Sorry, but I'm waiting until these albums are less...because each vinyl release I purchase for those records will be AT LEAST my third time buying them, so, $30 might seem reasonable to some, it's not to me.

5 minutes ago, Battra said:

I actually went through my stuff cuz I thought I had dupes that I could send you to resolve the issue, but sadly, I do not.

Maybe we can grandfather you in somehow.

I'll check Fenriz' "Rules for Metal Membership 2017 edition" when I get home.

1 minute ago, Metal Mike said:

I actually went through my stuff cuz I thought I had dupes that I could send you to resolve the issue, but sadly, I do not.

Maybe we can grandfather you in somehow.

I'll check Fenriz' "Rules for Metal Membership 2017 edition" when I get home.

Just having checked for the dupes means I'm indebted. :)

At SOME point, I'm going to start being less cheap about buying this stuff...but that day is at least 3 years out....keeping mind also, I just switched over to vinyl in 2015.

16 hours ago, freedumb said:

For a long time as a kid I thought this band was super heavy and scary, but only going on Eddie... which this thread was lacking!pQEGyW4.jpg

It's interesting how many bands had "scary" images, but they weren't scary...

Or maybe they just weren't scary in retrospect? I mean, Iron Maiden was singing about Satanic Rituals and men being hanged...hmm...that was kind of new in 1982.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything about these being pushed back at all, rapidly approaching the first set in the new reissues and Amazon.co.uk still looks to be around the lowest price you're going to find.

Plus if they're using different plates, the euro reissues in the last set seemed to be better from what I've read.

1 hour ago, Braveheart said:

Looks like pledgemusic has preorders on their site. Sorry cant link on my phone. But it looks like it is the european press shipping to usa. Prices are fair.

I think you're still going to be better off with Amazon UK than pledge music pricewise

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Just to be straight, Amazon UK has the Parlophone versions while the Amazon US has the Sanctuary versions. Am I right in saying that?

My Amazon  UK ones are all Parlophone, as is my copy of Book of Souls, not sure what Amazon US has but I'd assume Sanctuary. My Black Friday copy of Brave New World is Sanctuary (as it was a USA only release I believe). 

16 hours ago, Le Gogh said:

My box arrived today, along with X Factor and Virtual XI. Haven't had a chance to listen to them as I had to head out after unboxing everything. Will listen tomorrow! 

The box is absolutely huge.... 

Whoa! Nice!

even more tempted to buy now. 

I always wanted a nice and clean pressing of Fear Of The Dark and a box to store my *insert band name here* vinyl set. 

9 hours ago, Le Gogh said:

My Amazon  UK ones are all Parlophone, as is my copy of Book of Souls, not sure what Amazon US has but I'd assume Sanctuary. My Black Friday copy of Brave New World is Sanctuary (as it was a USA only release I believe). 

Thx I ordered from UK site. I was hoping to get all Parlophone