PO NOW: Elder - Reflections of A Floating World 2XLP [Stickman/Armageddon Label] [6/2/17]

11 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Unfortunately you just missed out on an insane sale allthatisheavy.com was having where multiple colors of that album were available for about $13 and change. I'll keep my eye out for any other sources and let you know if I see anything but you might have to hope they have a tour stop in a city near you to grab one for a reasonable price at this point.

Damn that's a great price, I never picked up a copy because it's usually so expensive. Thanks for keeping an eye out for us!

18 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

There are definitely sections where I think if they had some Mars Volta-esque vocals wailing on top of the music it would be ridiculously sweet

That's funny because I was thinking the exact same thing as I was listening through the songs. Not looking to fundamentally change what they are doing with verse chorus verse vocals or anything, either. Hopefully they experiment a little more with vocals in the future.

I am really enjoying this album. 

Edited by kannibal

On 6/5/2017 at 1:09 PM, mcpherson123 said:

Unfortunately you just missed out on an insane sale allthatisheavy.com was having where multiple colors of that album were available for about $13 and change. I'll keep my eye out for any other sources and let you know if I see anything but you might have to hope they have a tour stop in a city near you to grab one for a reasonable price at this point.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I appreciate you keeping an eye out. I found out about them when Lore came out, not sure why I'm just now checking out their previous stuff. Dead Roots Stirring is really good as well. 

24 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

So the Napalm Records "variant" is just the standard seafoam green from Stickman direct, not black like they first advertised. I'm annoyed but its not the end of the world.

you're always annoyed when you don't get black vinyl, we get it.

I'm actually pretty impartial to a lot of sludge and doom brands of metal, and I believe I've tried an Elder album back in the day – Dead Roots, I'm 99% sure.  It wasn't for me, but my tastes have changed a good bit since then, so it may be worth revisiting.  That being said, the new album is definitely enjoyable after a couple of listens.  The vocal style isn't 100% my cup of tea but it's more than manageable, and I think that the ratio of vocals to instrumental jamming is just about perfect.  Really solid balance with a lot of good things happening on each song.  The repetitive groove of Sonntag beckoned a bit of Swans for me, which I'm all about.  Feels good to be late to a party and still have your preferred variant in stock, too.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I'm actually pretty impartial to a lot of sludge and doom brands of metal, and I believe I've tried an Elder album back in the day – Dead Roots, I'm 99% sure.  It wasn't for me, but my tastes have changed a good bit since then, so it may be worth revisiting.  That being said, the new album is definitely enjoyable after a couple of listens.  The vocal style isn't 100% my cup of tea but it's more than manageable, and I think that the ratio of vocals to instrumental jamming is just about perfect.  Really solid balance with a lot of good things happening on each song.  The repetitive groove of Sonntag beckoned a bit of Swans for me, which I'm all about.  Feels good to be late to a party and still have your preferred variant in stock, too.

I'm glad you're digging it. And I would give a Dead Roots Stirring another chance soon. Some of my favorite albums now are ones I wasn't ready for the first time I tried to listen. Lore is the most like Reflections... of all the other albums so if you're digging this one a lot Lore is the next logical step. And maybe DRS might tickle your fancy eventually. 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

In the time it took you to post this, you could have posted it in that thread.

And apparently it was appreciated here.

Wanted to give the OP the opportunity to post to the appropriate thread instead of copying and pasting his post somewhere else.  Guess I was wrong to do that, huh?  

Edited by kisol

7 hours ago, Sasan said:

Added both Lore & Reflections to the cart only to find that shipping to Germany ends up at $50...

I wish there was a place over here that gets these beauties at a decent price!

If you don't care about the color Napalm records has both albums for 24,99 € each and I'm pretty sure they are based in Germany.