PO NOW: Elder - Reflections of A Floating World 2XLP [Stickman/Armageddon Label] [6/2/17]

1 hour ago, Sasan said:

I've listened to this record every single day since its release...probably found my AOTY already!

It's seriously an awesome album. It might get AOTY from me also. I just wish I had more time to listen to it. I usually can't spin it at home as I've got so much other shit going on there and I don't have the CD to let spin in my car for all my traveling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.7.2017 at 11:25 PM, seku said:

^I though it was all about winking at Germans ;)

..and now seriously, can't wait to see them in two weeks!

:lol:

Wish they'd play somewhere close...the nearest place is Wiesbaden which is a two-hour drive :(:mellow:

Would love to see them live as I still haven't heard a better record this year!

Anybody from the US planning a trip to Europe sometime soon? I need those Armageddon variants but shipping is more expensive than the price of the two records! :(

27 minutes ago, kannibal said:

I got the Lore repress yesterday and that thing is SUPER noisy. It's one of the infamous "haze" or "smoke" style. I'm sure there are decent copies out there, but mine is not one of them. Everyone seems to like Lore better than the new album, but right now, I prefer the new. 

Nah man new album shits on lore for mine

On 7/13/2017 at 7:58 PM, kisol said:

New variants available...

clear with green, white and brown splatter 
coke bottle with green, white and brown splatter 
clear / coke bottle 50/50 split

http://armageddonlabel.bigcartel.com/product/elder-reflections-of-a-floating-world-2lp-cd-cassette

Ohhhh my...

IMG_3678.JPG?auto=format&fit=max&h=1000&w=1000

Damn! That brown/green splatter is the best looking variant yet.

Just saw them play at a Polish festival and had my copy signed by all the band and even Adrian Baxter who did the artwork for the album. Since I hitchiked back through three countries, I managed to completely destroy the sleeve by now though, corners warped as all hell. Luckily I had everyone sign the inner sleeve and not the glossy outer that is now busted up.

Wonder if I could ask Armageddon to put an extra sleeve in there if I bought another copy from them. Does anyone have experience with buying only sleeves from labels? They should probably have an extra somewhere in there, right?

• 2 months later...

Just saw these dudes last night and they played three new songs. I missed "Sanctuary" which was the first song because I got there late even though they started 10 minutes before the time I was quoted they would start. It made me really want to play this album more. I've liked it since I got it but have found it daunting to go back to. I think the problem is that I just have too many records for how much time I have to listen to them and my mood switches a lot in mid-listen and I end up having to go to something else. I think the show reinvigorated my curiosity in this album so I'll probably spin it more. Got the CD so I can leave that play in the car to get even more familiar as I have less options to change the music while I'm mobile. Got me the Snake t-shirt and the triangular patch as well.

Set:

Sanctuary

Compendium

Dead Roots Stirring

Blind

Spirit at Aphelion

The Falling Veil

Encore:

Gemini