[PO SOON] Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

16 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

Yeah, I'm super bummed about that U2 feature, I'm honestly not even excited anymore, I've never liked anything U2 has done since I was a kid, so I don't really see me enjoying that song.

This mentality is very confusing for me. Say you hated Beach House, OK, Money Trees is still a boss track

Just now, Tommy said:

This mentality is very confusing for me. Say you hated Beach House, OK, Money Trees is still a boss track

a sample is vastly different from a feature, and bono seems to leave a noticeable (unfavorable to many people) mark on any track he sings on. This combined with the current trend of mainstream rappers pairing with mainstream singers from a completely different genre, makes me think bono will be singing, and I won't like it. Sadly, just another sign kendrick is going over the edge to total mainstream sellout. Some people will not like that or agree, but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, rooks said:

If it's a sample it could be alright.

If it's a bono chorus or some shit it's gonna be dumb.

i doubt the artist would be featured on the tracklist if it was just a sample.

Edited by rogeoa8

1 minute ago, rogeoa8 said:

a sample is vastly different from a feature, and bono seems to leave a noticeable (unfavorable to many people) mark on any track he sings on. This combined with the current trend of mainstream rappers pairing with mainstream singers from a completely different genre, makes me think bono will be singing, and I won't like it. Sadly, just another sign kendrick is going over the edge to total mainstream sellout. Some people will not like that or agree, but it is what it is.

i doubt the artist would be featured on the tracklist if it was just a sample.

If U2 was uppity about it or Kendrick wanted to show respect or something it's definitely possible and has been done before but don't ask me for examples because I ain't aboutta do no research.

Edited by rooks

• jhulud locked this topic