[PO SOON] Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

1 hour ago, Vega said:

Seriously man ..an artist like kendrick deserves better release executions like a release straight to vinyl on release day 

The reason why is because he can pretty much work on the music up until a couple of days before release, and also so no leaks occur. When vinyl drops on release it'll be in people's hands way before the release date so they can rip it online several days or weeks prior. Take a Look at the Mac Demarco release, it leaked almost a month away from the release date.

12 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

The reason why is because he can pretty much work on the music up until a couple of days before release, and also so no leaks occur. When vinyl drops on release it'll be in people's hands way before the release date so they can rip it online several days or weeks prior. Take a Look at the Mac Demarco release, it leaked almost a month away from the release date.

That... Can't be why lol. How many leaks are vinyl rips?? They are usually v0 rips of CDs or 192kbps stream rips. Things leaked before the vinyl resurgence, and things without vinyl releases leak all the time. He couldn't have been working on this that close to release because there were day 1 CD releases nationwide.

I don't know how TDE kept DAMN. Under wraps as well as they did, but, it had nothing to do with vinyl.

You don't wanna be caught betraying kung fu kenny's trust, leaking early 

I wait in front a niggas spot and watch him hit his block/I'll catch a nigga leavin' service if that's all I got/I'll chip a nigga then throw the blower in his lap/Walk myself to the court like, 'Bitch I did that'

Edited by Tommy

2 hours ago, rooks said:

That... Can't be why lol. How many leaks are vinyl rips?? They are usually v0 rips of CDs or 192kbps stream rips. Things leaked before the vinyl resurgence, and things without vinyl releases leak all the time. He couldn't have been working on this that close to release because there were day 1 CD releases nationwide.

I don't know how TDE kept DAMN. Under wraps as well as they did, but, it had nothing to do with vinyl.

No that's true, Joey's album leaked from vinyl, the AFI album leaked from vinyl, sometimes it's CDs but usually if a leak has horrible sound quality it's because someone got a hold of the vinyl and leaked it.

16 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

I think the real problem is that a lot of times if we don't see a vinyl release date set right after release, usually it ends up being forgotten and put on the backburner.   Two perfect examples I can think of are Blond and Lemonade, both albums I would've snatched up on vinyl but for some reason vinyl releases never came (well, I know Blond was available for like six hours but if you missed that window, you were SOL).     

14 minutes ago, miracleandwonder said:

I think the real problem is that a lot of times if we don't see a vinyl release date set right after release, usually it ends up being forgotten and put on the backburner.   Two perfect examples I can think of are Blond and Lemonade, both albums I would've snatched up on vinyl but for some reason vinyl releases never came (well, I know Blond was available for like six hours but if you missed that window, you were SOL).     

24 hours

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I think the vinyl industry as a whole would flow a lot more fluidly if they based all their order availability off of whether or not miracleandwonder is in the know.

Well look at all the people who are already talking about buying bootlegs.   Kinda foolish to throw $40 away on a counterfeit pressing only to get an official release of it announced as soon as you parted with your cash on that.   Ya think differently?

God forbid I dare want to find a message board I can actually be a part of, being too young for Steve Hoffman (I enjoy The Beatles but I also don't think music freeze-framed and ended the second they broke up) and not liking enough cheesepop tween nonsense for ATRL/UKMix.  Reminds me why I hate message boards,  but yes... I have been checking on a daily freaking basis to see if any news has surfaced, and I already see a lot of people on this thread already ready to go the bootleg route even though the album has been out for a whole four days.... after albums like Lemonade (which i think it's a joke some of the pop nonsense that got a LP release but not this Beyonce album tailor-made for the demo who supports vinyl) and others, you can't take a vinyl announcement for granted.

Edited by miracleandwonder

44 minutes ago, miracleandwonder said:

Well look at all the people who are already talking about buying bootlegs.   Kinda foolish to throw $40 away on a counterfeit pressing only to get an official release of it announced as soon as you parted with your cash on that.   Ya think differently?

God forbid I dare want to find a message board I can actually be a part of, being too young for Steve Hoffman (I enjoy The Beatles but I also don't think music freeze-framed and ended the second they broke up) and not liking enough cheesepop tween nonsense for ATRL/UKMix.  Reminds me why I hate message boards,  but yes... I have been checking on a daily freaking basis to see if any news has surfaced, and I already see a lot of people on this thread already ready to go the bootleg route even though the album has been out for a whole four days.... after albums like Lemonade (which i think it's a joke some of the pop nonsense that got a LP release but not this Beyonce album tailor-made for the demo who supports vinyl) and others, you can't take a vinyl announcement for granted.

:rolleyes:

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

• jhulud locked this topic