P.O. NOW: Slowdive S/T (05/05/17)

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this album but not thrilled with the way the silver sounds on my setup.  Maybe I got a dud?  I have some distortion on the first two tracks of side A.  Rechecked my cart alignment and tracking force and made a few tweaks.  Things did improved but I'm still experiencing less that optimum sound quality.  How's the black pressing sound?  

However, it was a good exercise to recheck my alignment and tracking force settings.   Things were a bit off and the tweaks I've made have definitely improved the overall sounds of my setup.   So if anything, there's that.  

Edited by charles1028

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, glass realms said:

I'm really hoping that they announce an LA show between Oakland and Denver shows. It would be really silly of them not to do a headline show here considering they sold out 2 nights in LA during the first reunion tour.

this would be my first time seeing them since Primavera Fest 3 years ago. am dying to see the new songs played live.

17 minutes ago, jrodan said:

so Slowdive is doing more US dates this fall and are playing the Fox Theater in Oakland on October 28. tomorrow tickets go on sale with a Spotify presale code. does anyone here have Spotify and know what the presale code will be? I will be forever in your debt if you can hook it up.

Let me look into the details and go from there.  Assuming it's not a one-per-account use, I should be able to help you out.  But I'm looking at that show myself, as a heads up.  I imagine it's a promo code of sorts.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Let me look into the details and go from there.  Assuming it's not a one-per-account use, I should be able to help you out.  But I'm looking at that show myself, as a heads up.  I imagine it's a promo code of sorts.

if you can that would be amazing. would totally buy you a drink at the show for your assistance.

45 minutes ago, glass realms said:

I'm really hoping that they announce an LA show between Oakland and Denver shows. It would be really silly of them not to do a headline show here considering they sold out 2 nights in LA during the first reunion tour.

I would ditch my FYF ticket in a second if they did. I'm definitely hoping for this as well.

2 hours ago, tacosupremekohl said:

the presale code is SLOMO. I work for a venue that has them on this tour.

As grateful as I am for this, a tiny part of me almost wishes you hadn't said anything since a lot of promo codes tend to be song titles or album titles in all caps, without spaces.  Since the album title seemed a little obvious, and there weren't too many song titles to test, I was going to start at the top tomorrow morning and try my luck.  I imagine I would've just about shat myself if my first attempt granted me access.  I don't know if I'll ever be able to fully forgive you for robbing me of that opportunity.

(But really.  Thank you.)

Edited by Derek™

19 minutes ago, jrodan said:

thank you so much for this! just got my tickets for Oakland! @Derek™ you are still welcome to a drink for the thought.

Second this! Was able to grab some Mezzanine seats in Oakland! Typically I like to be on the floor but Slowdive seems like the type I'll want to be back a bit and relax and just take the show in.

1 hour ago, jrodan said:

thank you so much for this! just got my tickets for Oakland! @Derek™ you are still welcome to a drink for the thought.

I personally don't drink but I totally appreciate the sentiment, thank you.  I'm stoked you were able to grab a ticket.  I'm not sure how many were available but the lady and I both secured ours with minimal fuss.  Should be a great show, especially after reading some of this thread's posts about their live performance.

14 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I personally don't drink but I totally appreciate the sentiment, thank you.  I'm stoked you were able to grab a ticket.  I'm not sure how many were available but the lady and I both secured ours with minimal fuss.  Should be a great show, especially after reading some of this thread's posts about their live performance.

I don't drink either haha! that is why I offered a 'generic' drink. would be happy to grab you a seltzer if you would like. either that or a pull or two off my weed pen if that is up your alley. ;)

• 4 months later...