10 LPs for $25 GRAB BAG at No Idea

https://store.noidearecords.com/products/grab-bag-of-ten-12-records

-- Hooray!

-- Overseas humans: as much as we love you, the fact remains that this is an eight-pound box. That's expensive to ship for you. End of story.  --

Edited by vardcore
The plight of the domesticated octopod.

23 minutes ago, vardcore said:

https://store.noidearecords.com/products/grab-bag-of-ten-12-records

-- Hooray!

-- Overseas humans: as much as we love you, the fact remains that this is an eight-pound box. That's expensive to ship for you. End of story.  --

Nice try with the overseas comment. You'll still get shit for it despite being completely transparent. 

16 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Nice try with the overseas comment. You'll still get shit for it despite being completely transparent. 

I don't dispute the actual cost of shipping over here (or various other parts of the world). The issue I sometimes take is that there seems to be an enormous variation between what  different labels/suppliers charge. I've had 10 LPs shipped for $25 before now - maybe some options on international shipping cost would help? Such as uninsured at the risk of the buyer etc. 

For clarity, not sure what No Idea are charging shipping for this batch - it might be $25 for all I know! 

3 hours ago, phelansegur said:

Shipping to Germany (for example) is  $73.65

Shipping from England, when I've bought Arsenal gear, has been over $30.

Kits in England cost much less than they do  here, but they charge us for the shipping price. I think my last Arsenal shirt saved me $5 and cost me 3 weeks having it shipped from London rather than the Arsenal USA store.

It seems like over seas shipping should be a lot cheaper by now, but here we are.

46 minutes ago, Battra said:

Shipping from England, when I've bought Arsenal gear, has been over $30.

Kits in England cost much less than they do  here, but they charge us for the shipping price. I think my last Arsenal shirt saved me $5 and cost me 3 weeks having it shipped from London rather than the Arsenal USA store.

It seems like over seas shipping should be a lot cheaper by now, but here we are.

that sounds like a case of that individual store charging you more than cost. ive shipped many times to the USA and standard international shipping for 1 lp costs £7-£8 (although its just gone up i believe) with royal mail (5-7 days delivery aim) and even less with other providers. i would have thought 1 football shirt, being light and maybe in a different parcel category would be cheaper. they were probably trying to encourage you to buy from the USA store. regardless, from my experience shipping from the UK to the US is much cheaper than from the US to the UK

8 minutes ago, LPancakes said:

that sounds like a case of that individual store charging you more than cost. ive shipped many times to the USA and standard international shipping for 1 lp costs £7-£8 (although its just gone up i believe) with royal mail (5-7 days delivery aim) and even less with other providers. i would have thought 1 football shirt, being light and maybe in a different parcel category would be cheaper. they were probably trying to encourage you to buy from the USA store. regardless, from my experience shipping from the UK to the US is much cheaper than from the US to the UK

I don't remember the precise figure...let me see...

At the time 1 pound sterling was $1.50USD...so that would be $12 to ship...which is what I see on LPs these days.

An Arsenal shirt was 39.95GBP and $89.95 USD....so either $60 in London + Shipping or $90 in Charleston, NC + Shipping...for my Arsenal gear, my Henry #12 Long sleeve and my daughter's scarf and touque, I got those form the Arsenal store and my training jacket came from another EU store.

They made me take it on the shipping.

On 3/29/2017 at 11:20 AM, Tidal Wave said:

Absolutely. For the record, I have NEVER had anyone take me up on the FedEx option. Not once. I have only ONCE had anyone take me up on the option I offer below:

*** NOTE TO OVERSEAS HUMANSOverseas postage costs a fortune, either way it crosses the Atlantic. If you get together with a couple friends, you may well be able to have 3-4 sets shipped together via FedEx for a massive savings. (If interested in this option, please write to: [email protected]) As well, if you place an order and ASK in the NOTES section: we can make sure to leave out any heavier records (gatefolds, etc) and we may be able to knock a pound or two off the rate. We would then issue a refund for the difference. As well, any time your box exceeds 4 pounds, it leaps from FCMI to PRIORITY and adds a lot of $$. Nothing else we can do to help. It's the same shipping from OVERSEAS to the USA... £££

On 3/29/2017 at 11:20 AM, Tidal Wave said:

Absolutely. For the record, I have NEVER had anyone take me up on the FedEx option. Not once. I have only ONCE had anyone take me up on the option I offer below:

*** NOTE TO OVERSEAS HUMANSOverseas postage costs a fortune, either way it crosses the Atlantic. If you get together with a couple friends, you may well be able to have 3-4 sets shipped together via FedEx for a massive savings. (If interested in this option, please write to: [email protected]) As well, if you place an order and ASK in the NOTES section: we can make sure to leave out any heavier records (gatefolds, etc) and we may be able to knock a pound or two off the rate. We would then issue a refund for the difference. As well, any time your box exceeds 4 pounds, it leaps from FCMI to PRIORITY and adds a lot of $$. Nothing else we can do to help. It's the same shipping from OVERSEAS to the USA... £££

• 2 weeks later...

I love No Idea and have found some gems in their previous grab bags, but this one was kind of a bummer.

Nothing I've even remotely heard of and everything arrived pretty beat up.

And I know it says 12"s, but you'd expect some full lengths in the package. This was all EPs and 10"s.

Got a rad Crusades button and Leatherface pin, along with an Against Me poster. Still a disappointment overall though. 

My box was pretty awesome, actually — a few CDs (some in jewel cases, some without), an Against Me! poster and the following records:

Bombshell - S/T LP

Fellow Project - Stable Life LP

Freak Wave - S/T 12-inch

Grim Fandango - Flicker Noise LP

Landed - Dirty Bomb 12-inch

Manifesto Jukebox/A Death In The Family split LP

Mere Women - Your Town LP

Franz Nicolay - St. Sebastian Of The Short Stage 10-inch

Old Man Gloom - Meditations In B LP (1st press!)

Pigs - Illuminati House Party LP

I'm familiar with some of these bands but a lot are new to me (especially the three LPs on Poison City, so I'm assuming those bands are all Australian). Either way, that OMG record alone is a $25-30 record so my box was worth it.

Received these:

Lake Me - Solace

V/A (Kylesa, Municipal Waste) - Best Friends Day 6 

Tony Wain and the Payne - Don't Worry About Anything Ever

Peter Stubb - Selected Cuts Vol. 1

Let Me Run - Meet Me At The Bottom

Lil Daggers - S/T

Auxes - Ichkannichtmehr

Shotwell - Celery, Beef and Iron 10"

Axeman - Arrive - Already traded in. Not at all what I'm into. 

Countdown to Oblivion - Discography - Already traded in. Not at all what I'm into. 

Bonus goods:

5 cds (sealed and loose)

Against Me! - Disco Before poster

AP Euro T(h)rash Tour 2007 pin - Not exactly sure what band this is referring to. 

A random stud from a studded belt? 

I am unfamiliar with most of these. While I liked what I heard from a few of these, I think I'm done with grab bags in general. 

Edited by Out Of Time

2 hours ago, Out Of Time said:

I am unfamiliar with most of these. While I liked what I heard from a few of these, I think I'm done with grab bags in general. 

I had not heard of a single band on their whole site.

So, I didn't have any perspective as to what I would be getting.

That's why I passed.

I hope those who got it are happy with what they received.