Quick: Things to do in Asheville (NC). Go!

I am in Asheville and would appreciate any recommendations - food, record shops, whatever. I already went to a brewpub place with a connected discgolf course and listened to people go on about their kickball league, so you can cross that off the list. I am visiting my friend who dragging me along to his beard trimming appointment tomorrow. So I have plenty of time to kill downtown. I dont think my buddy wants to go look for timber rattlesnakes, but i am determined to go find me a hellbender after the rain clears. 

Definitely check out 12  Bones, amazing BBQ!  The French broad chocolate lounge is a sweet dessert spot. Walking around downtown in the evening is cool because there are usually multiple musicians on corners playing music in the pritchard park area and surrounding streets. I've heard the New Belgium tour is amazing, and that it's huge and state of the art. Let me know if you end up trying any of this stuff!

Also, my sister in law runs a tattoo shop in Hendersonville about a half hour south. If you find yourself in that area the Flat Rock Cider Works Tap Room was really sweet. They have a 1/2 cider 1/2 sour beer concoction, one of which was blackberry, that is delicious (and I'm not even a big cider or sour guy).

There have been multiple recommendations for 12 bones, plus taco temple. A boy needs to eat, so 12 bones and then some dessert tacos... Probably going to hit up those record stores. About to head out to the blueridge buscuit company for breakfast. If we get bored I figure we can always thow fixed gears like ninja stars at the hipsters.

Bean is a great vegan spot out in south Asheville. 

You should hit up west Asheville too.  Battlecat is a cool coffee shop out that way and it's a short walk from Harvest Records (the biggest and probably the best record shop in Asheville) 

Static Age is cool (small punk oriented), Voltage (reissues, older stuff) are worth checking out too. 

Hit up Vortex doughnuts near downtown too.  Great homemade doughnuts and coffee, vegan options.   Odditorium is a great punk venue in West Asheville too, just have to check their schedule though.

Went to 12 Bones, Static Age and Vortex. I highly recommend the tartan shop. Walk in with a friend, then politely excuse yourself and head back outside leaving said friend inside. Be sure to peak in the window every half hour. We spent a good half hour plus, listening to a lady talk while barely taking a breath about "Freak Town", random rich people she knows, and thin veiled racist comments, all while rush limbaugh played lightly in the background. Plus, the store part is blocked off so you cant really look at anything. 

We stayed out of West Ashville. My buddy was afraid of the lack of parking and high hipster abundance - says the guy who i went beard oil shopping with... His wife got free tickets to the burly beer festival at the Sierra Nevada brewery. They were like $80; i dont drink $80 of beer in a 3 year period, but there were free and upper management wanted to go. So go we went. There was some decent beers and a sweet grilled cheese food truck. Later on we went to see Mac Sabbath, Metalachi and Okilly Dokilly at the Grey Eagle. Okilly Dokilly were just Okilly, no dokilly, but Metalachi (mariachi metal covers) and Mac Sabbath (snack rock tunes set to sabbath) were good. Just getting a look at Slayer McCheese was worth the price of admission alone.

Image result for slayer mccheese