Ghost in the Shell

11 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

I'm going to lay down the gauntlet and say that if you haven't heard the label's newest re-release, Midori Takada's Through The Looking Glass you don't deserve the GITS OST, since that OST could not exist if it weren't for it. Also because it is one of the best ambient albums of all time (although it's also relentlessly percussive).

Through the Looking Glass is amaaazing. Still waiting for my 2xLP, 45 version.  Excited for this GITS OST too. WRWTFWW is on a roll.

1 hour ago, erikness said:

Through the Looking Glass is amaaazing. Still waiting for my 2xLP, 45 version.  Excited for this GITS OST too. WRWTFWW is on a roll.

QFT. Mine just arrived yesterday from Juno. I'm going to put it on soon. Very stoked even though there's been some negative feedback on Discogs (the comments section for it is pretty bat-shit actually).

5 hours ago, DafTyler said:

Movie was pretty underwhelming. Was as disappointed as I expected. 

Would love this ost. But that's like 100$ CAD after shipping.  

FWIW I'm getting an estimate for a little over 75 CAD for the special edition, shipping included and I'm in Toronto.

Edited by armadillo01

Went to see the new one yesterday. After having watched the original anime earlier last week.

The new one felt almost a mirror of the original esp. in some of they key shots and scenes. I enjoyed that faithfulness to the source material. Where it derailed for me was the change in the story and how it comes across as a forced justification on the whitewashing of the whole thing. Esp. pushing on you the whole "Here's why ScarJo was cast instead of an Asian actor" agenda and how it all fits in the plot and storyline.

I didn't completely hate it...it was enjoyable but you couldn't help but notice how the story unraveled and lets you down by becoming a cliché in the latter half of the movie. The soundtrack by Clint Mansell was great though.

32 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

How was Michael Pitt in the movie though?  Love that guy.  Haven't seen it yet but I'm hoping he gives a great performance.

He was great. His character was well-done once you understand what he's all about and his origin. He was a combination of the Puppetmaster from the OG Anime and The Laughing Man from the SAC series.

• 1 month later...