PO NOW: Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come

2 hours ago, piky0032 said:

My SRC pre order came in yesterday.....package looks insane

I ended up with the clear/Black but frothing that red press im seeing. Yet to play it.....hopefully it sounds killer

Let is know! I have the MOV Armageddon variant. Sounds fuckin sweet. I'm still on the fence for the red variant.

P.S. Does anyone know if the MOV variants we're also mastered by Stan Ricker?

9 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

MOV have their own master that I'm sure was not done by Stan Ricker. It will definitely sound different and I'm convinced it will likely be better.

Stan was incredible. He cut the best lacquers. The pressing plants (MOV included) are not very good anymore so who knows if the pressings are ever consistently good.

2 hours ago, danny said:

Stan was incredible. He cut the best lacquers. The pressing plants (MOV included) are not very good anymore so who knows if the pressings are ever consistently good.

I'm definitely not trying to shit on Stan. I still haven't received my copy and I doubt I'll try to buy another copy of the SRC edition but someone mentioned the SRC cut having some inner groove distortion and I've not known any MOV cuts to have that so that was the only reason I said MOV's might be better. Still, I have heard neither.

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm definitely not trying to shit on Stan. I still haven't received my copy and I doubt I'll try to buy another copy of the SRC edition but someone mentioned the SRC cut having some inner groove distortion and I've not known any MOV cuts to have that so that was the only reason I said MOV's might be better. Still, I have heard neither.

I've just finished breaking in my new needle. I'll check on that IGD on the Armageddon variant later today.

Gave it a listen. I specifically paid attention to sides 2 and 3. I honestly could not hear any IGD. It's kinda hard to imagine that those last songs on any one of those sides would have IGD. They're practically in the center.

I must add that the attention they paid to the details in the packaging is super. Beautiful gatefold and I love the large fold out inserts as well

Sounded so good had to give my LD50 a spin also.

Now maybe when all these preorders calm down a bit, I'll think about ordering the red variant from SSD:wub:

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, mcpherson123 said:

Side note: I spoke with a Musiconvinyl rep the other day. And they said: "We received and used high res audio files (96 KHZ / 24 BIT) of the original masters.
We are not in touch with SRC, so we can’t compare both masters."

Now I'm really curious about the SRC versions...

4 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Side note: I spoke with a Musiconvinyl rep the other day. And they said: "We received and used high res audio files (96 KHZ / 24 BIT) of the original masters.
We are not in touch with SRC, so we can’t compare both masters."

Now I'm really curious about the SRC versions...

This is a case of two completely separate label entities (SRC vs. MOV) getting master multitrack OR stereo mixdown files from the original recording of this album. Each of the different labels had their own lacquer cutter apply the same master files to a brand new lacquer. In the case of SRC it was Stan Ricker. In the case of MOV, we do not know but can assume it was probably an on-staff vinyl mastering engineer aka lacquer cutter for MOV. This is the point at which the Armageddon and black variant masters differ from the Red and clear with black smoke variant masters.

If you have an Armageddon variant that is the album pressed to vinyl by a completely different label than the label that pressed the Red variant.

This is simply a case of two different labels remastering and releasing the same exact title at around the same time coincidentally.  The labels are not connected nor do they share the means to press albums.

I'm hoping that the Armageddon variant is sold out everywhere now so I can pick up a black one finally.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

Excuse me, should have said non flipper price.

I gotcha. I just bought one from eBay that doesn't specify the variant which I'm HOPING will be black but if it ends up being color, I sell it to you for cost + shipping and just wait til the color depletes out of the retail stream so I can get a black one.

On 10/4/2017 at 3:34 PM, mcpherson123 said:

I gotcha. I just bought one from eBay that doesn't specify the variant which I'm HOPING will be black but if it ends up being color, I sell it to you for cost + shipping and just wait til the color depletes out of the retail stream so I can get a black one.

For sure

On 10/04/2017 at 3:34 PM, mcpherson123 said:

Was that the black?

6 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Was that the black?

Still waiting... I figured it would be here by now but we'll see. The seller hasn't even updated the order as shipped yet. So it may not even be in motion at this point. I've ordered from that seller before and gotten really fast shipping but that was like 7 years ago now.