PO: Bleachers "Gone Now"

I've been checking my email and don't see anything, were pre-orders from the webstore supposed to have a digital version emailed on the release day? I pre-ordered the LP and the DTTM 12" and I realize the order won't ship till the end of the month because of DTTM, however I'd still like to listen to the album outside of streaming it, am I just stuck finding another way to listen it until then?

11 minutes ago, SuperBuckeye30 said:

Sadly, the Red/White Marble turned out pretty terrible, and looks nothing like the rendering :(

I wish I would have picked up the red from F.Y.E. or Urban Outfitters instead.

Be like me and variant collect this baby.  Not too late to pick up the FYE red.  I should post a pic..it's great.

3 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Be like me and variant collect this baby.  Not too late to pick up the FYE red.  I should post a pic..it's great.

I actually might go pick up a copy of the F.Y.E. red since there is a store near me, but man I really had high hopes for the Red/White Marble Swirl variant.

Amazon sells the red/white marble, in case anyone else here was curious. Thought I could get away with using them but it looks like I'll have to go the FYE route for a red. 

What's everyone's thoughts on the album? I've listened three times and maybe I just like his usual bombast better but I'm a little underwhelmed. Seems pretty slow, whereas Strange Desire was just banger after banger. Hopefully it grows on me.

Edited by backpackoat

14 hours ago, backpackoat said:

Amazon sells the red/white marble, in case anyone else here was curious. Thought I could get away with using them but it looks like I'll have to go the FYE route for a red. 

What's everyone's thoughts on the album? I've listened three times and maybe I just like his usual bombast better but I'm a little underwhelmed. Seems pretty slow, whereas Strange Desire was just banger after banger. Hopefully it grows on me.

I really just love everything Jack does (for himself and over artists/bands). The album is different but I love it and the stories that it tells. After meeting Jack the other night I can't help but like everything he does even more because of how sweet he is as a person. 

15 hours ago, backpackoat said:

See I thought Strange Desire kinda died down in the second half, and I feel the same about this one. Perhaps it's more of a grower, but it feels a bit uneven after a couple of listens. But I Miss Those Days and Don't Take The Money alone are good enough to warrant a purchase.

Edited by slinch

11 hours ago, slinch said:

See I thought Strange Desire kinda died down in the second half, and I feel the same about this one. Perhaps it's more of a grower, but it feels a bit uneven after a couple of listens. But I Miss Those Days and Don't Take The Money alone are good enough to warrant a purchase.

I agree with you that both albums have a much weaker back half, this one especially so in my opinion. However, Strange Desire has Like A River Runs, probably my favorite song by him, and closes with Who I Want You to Love, which blows Foreign Girls out of the water in comparison. Still like the album, but aside from I Miss Those Days, tracks 6-12 don't do too much for me. Don't Take The Money is my favorite on the album for sure.