PO: Bleachers "Gone Now"

1 minute ago, mmhmm said:

Well...there are a few copies on eBay.  Not cheap but they're there if you really really want one.  

I live in Russia and I order lots of vinyl records but mostly from Europe. In the case of all of EBay's DTTM shipping is more than the price of the vinyl to me:( so I'll wait til something pop up in uk, for example (btw did they give free DTTM clear versions in uk?) 

Just got my marble pressing from the web store, and there's hardly any depth to the sound. The uppers sound great but there's virtually no lows in the music (which when listening to the digital version, there certainly should be). I was able to tweak it a little bit with the receiver, but overall it's kind of a bummer that an album with so much depth to its music is very top heavy.

Edited by nardes

16 minutes ago, nardes said:

Just got my marble pressing from the web store, and there's hardly any depth to the sound. The uppers sound great but there's virtually no lows in the music (which when listening to the digital version, there certainly should be). I was able to tweak it a little bit with the receiver, but overall it's kind of a bummer that an album with so much depth to its music is very top heavy.

Bummer.  The FYE version sounds amazing.  Lows and all.

19 hours ago, Kyle_ftl said:

I don't know what the mock up of the red/white marble variant, but I picked a copy of the record up at my local shop and I really like how it's white but has really faint traces of red.  I'm a fan of it for sure.

It was supposed to have looked like the mock-up below. I was expecting something more along the lines of this, and I know at times the end result differs from the mock-up, but this was just really off. Mine is white with a literal dusting of red on it. Looks terrible!

Bleachers_Vinyl_Mock_2048x2048.jpg?v=149

5 hours ago, nardes said:

White vinyl is always the worst-sounding of the colored vinyl (in most cases, not all) due to the amount of dye they have to use to achieve the effect. It doesn't surprise me that the F.Y.E. red reportedly sounds so much better than the "Red/White Swirl" vinyl does.

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

If you ordered it from the Bleachers webstore, save yourself some time and check the release date for the 12".

You mean the page that says this:

Release Date: 6/30/17

This is a pre-order. Orders containing this item will only ship when the pre-order goods become available. Orders WILL NOT be part shipped.

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

This is a pre-order. Orders containing this item will only ship when the pre-order goods become available. Orders WILL NOT be part shipped.

I'd say since the release date is still 3 weeks away it's shipping separately.  You're just lucky they shipped them separately and you're not having to wait a month for Gone Now.

3 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Got mine in the mail yesterday...of course it's missing the 12" single...time to waid through customer service.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

They shipped mine separately as well. I thought the same thing but I checked the shipping email and it shows that they are indeed parting them out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone able to conclusively confirm there are only two variants for Gone Now?  I see many stores selling a "red" variant other than FYE's exclusive.  Has anyone received or seen a different red version that FYE's?  I'm tempted to order from a non-FYE vendor to see what their "red" looks like but I'd like to check here first.

• 1 month later...

I was very mixed on this album after the first few listens, but a few months later I find it absolutely essential. Kinda bummed I missed it when it was around $11 a few days ago on amazon, but I'm not sure I want to wait for another drop.

Also, I loved the recent mtv unplugged show, that shadow with CRJ was perfection.

15 hours ago, slinch said:

I was very mixed on this album after the first few listens, but a few months later I find it absolutely essential. Kinda bummed I missed it when it was around $11 a few days ago on amazon, but I'm not sure I want to wait for another drop.

Also, I loved the recent mtv unplugged show, that shadow with CRJ was perfection.

Easily sitting as AOTY for me... and that Unplugged show was AMAZING... although a little awkward when Lorde, CRJ, and Jack were all together. Each of them has such a different performing style, and doing an acoustic song you could tell they all wanted to let loose but felt like it wasn't the right place or time lol.

I'd love to get a pressing of the show... maybe for RSD? Jack usually does something!

• 4 weeks later...

In September, Bleachers performed on “MTV Unplugged” at Stone Pony in Asbury Park, New Jersey. Now, Jack Antonoff has announced a new album called MTV Unplugged that features live recordings from the program. It’s out November 10 via RCA. The upcoming LP also includes new Bleachers material, as well as alternate versions of tracks from his previous releases 2017’s Gone Now and 2014’s Strange Desire.

I'm sure we'll get it on vinyl at some point as well. 

• 3 months later...