Song missing...?

I bought a used LP... and... it's missing a song. The cover says it has the song but, the physical vinyl doesn't. Is that common?? I'm just starting my collection and don't know all that much about them but... I think it's a bit unusual. It's America and says it comes with the song A Horse With No Name. The label on the LP says BS2576 (S39997) and the sleeve says 2576... The label on the LP doesn't say it comes with that specific song but the sleeve does and the numbers correspond so...? Is there something I'm missing?

the first version of horse with no name was omitted because while the band was on tour prior to the album release,  the drummer's grandmother accidentally named the horse they wrote the song about. fearing it would be a false interpretation of the song's true meaning, it was pulled last second.

it seems like you may have one of these copies, if so, it's worth a considerable amount of money and you should probably get it professionally appraised.

Man, everyone loves to roast the new guy on here :lol:

But with all seriousness, it seems that the first pressings didn't include "A Horse With No Name" and that the track was only added in with the later pressings. 

Before an admin comes in and tells you, I'm just gonna mention that questions like this would usually get asked here. It's just to avoid clutter, and people in that topic will be much more helpful and open to answering any questions you have about a record. :)

6 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Yeah...the band was so "terrible" that Sir George Martin produced some of their albums.  :rolleyes:

I wasn't serious. That's why I said all the good jokes had been made.

America weren't that great, but "A Horse With No Name" is just blah. However this is a jam: