PO NOW: Queens of the Stone Age - Villains (8/25)

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

I can't listen to this video right now. Can someone tell me if there's any new music in that clip that I should be excited about?

Ominous tease with some soft eerie music and creepy vocals. Thinking they'll post a teaser like this everyday... until first single drops friday? Please Queens!

Its going to be a track by track cover album of The Verve Pipe's 1996 album of the same name.

All joking aside, I like the title and hope its a scorcher. Haven't been able to hear the song clip yet but if people think it sounds like TCV then it probably doesn't sound like Like Clockwork and I'm hopeful based on that comparison.

Just heard the music in that video. Does not inspire confidence. Especially when you consider Mark Ronson's inclusion. It literally sounds like they had him functioning as a "co-writer" type of producer on the music for this record. Its fine if Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga do it but I have a different standard for what is supposed to be a band that writes their own original music. And Josh's comments in a recent interview make it seem like that is even more likely the case. Sorry to keep being the stick in the mud on this.