PO NOW: Queens of the Stone Age - Villains (8/25)

I spun Side B of Gordi this morning and wow. Unreal. Those Queens tracks sound fucking great - and I'm glad Un-Reborn is one of them because it's my favorite off the album. 

Someone listed it on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Gordi-Reservoir/release/10710097

Suddenly glad I forgot to cancel my Secretly membership on time.

Does the matrix indicate whether it's from the Pallas press or the indie/standard press?

EDIT: I guess I can just assume it's from the standard press. Nevermind haha. I just wanna know how good the Pallas pressing will sound before I drop $$$ for the deluxe!

Edited by wiscodeman

22 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I spun Side B of Gordi this morning and wow. Unreal. Those Queens tracks sound fucking great - and I'm glad Un-Reborn is one of them because it's my favorite off the album. 

Someone listed it on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Gordi-Reservoir/release/10710097

Suddenly glad I forgot to cancel my Secretly membership on time.

I have a magenta version of Gordi on order.  I wonder if this only affected SS pressings.  

54 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Does the matrix indicate whether it's from the Pallas press or the indie/standard press?

I didn't think to check for pressing info, was in a rush this morning and listened to it while I got ready for work. I'll assume Pallas will sound better but hearing the songs on vinyl versus the leak was quite lovely.

47 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I have a magenta version of Gordi on order.  I wonder if this only affected SS pressings.  

I believe it was strictly limited to the SS club variant pressing. They sent out a note yesterday (below), which I glanced over and shrugged before realizing exactly what was on that Side B.

Another important announcement:

It appears that a significant number of the Secretly Society edition Gordi albums that went out a couple weeks ago have the wrong album on Side B. Yikes!

Please double check your copy and reply to this email directly if your LP is affected. 

To those of you who have already emailed - thank you so much! We're working on a solution right now. 

Sincerest apologies for the issue.

Edited by lethalenforcer

On 8/17/2017 at 7:03 AM, wiscodeman said:

EDIT: I guess I can just assume it's from the standard press. Nevermind haha. I just wanna know how good the Pallas pressing will sound before I drop $$$ for the deluxe!

You are thinking they pressed this record at different plants?

I heard the songs off side B of my Gordi LP and was surprised that they were pretty strong.  I gave up after Songs For The Deaf but would like to hear the rest at some point.  I keep getting messages on discogs to sell my Gordi LP and I'm assuming it is QOTSA fans but maybe Gordi's fans go hard too.

1 hour ago, MtrCtyWx said:

I heard the songs off side B of my Gordi LP and was surprised that they were pretty strong.  I gave up after Songs For The Deaf but would like to hear the rest at some point.  I keep getting messages on discogs to sell my Gordi LP and I'm assuming it is QOTSA fans but maybe Gordi's fans go hard too.

It's all the QOTSA fans. I got a few messages on Discogs for mine as well.

44 minutes ago, cobannaboc said:

It's all the QOTSA fans. I got a few messages on Discogs for mine as well.

Yeah I've gotten five random offers so far, pretty wild. Seeing as how QOTSA is one of my favorite bands and the fact they don't produce much colored wax, I think I'll be holding onto mine.

I didn't listen to anything but LTWYUTD before listening to the LP. I'm very happy with the production on this. Yes, the guitar sounds are new but hot damn this fucker sounds so great through headphones. I'm only into Domesticated Animals and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It's very clear. Drums sound good, deep. Great riffs already. Fuck yeah, it's Queens.