PO NOW: Queens of the Stone Age - Villains (8/25)

Just now, Canuckle said:

The deluxe version of '...Like Clockwork' is one of my favourite vinyl packages I own. 

Ditto, along with my OG Lullabies. Both are gorgeous.

I wound up triple-dipping on the three different covers for LC (red deluxe, blue, and black). Hope the new LP gets some nice treatment.

White whale = original green wax self-titled :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

$16 and pressed and Pallas?  This is at least going on my want list for when I have some extra cash!

Edit: I see that price is Collector's Choice who has a habit of putting stuff up under the wrong variant.  

Ya, as is the case with a lot of the semi-major labels nowadays, they spread themselves too thin on variants, thus leaving the best package out there unsold and eventually in the bargain bin. 

6 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

$16 and pressed and Pallas?  This is at least going on my want list for when I have some extra cash!

Edit: I see that price is Collector's Choice who has a habit of putting stuff up under the wrong variant.  

Just ordered it - will let you know which version shows up! Great price for the deluxe...

5 minutes ago, tvham said:

Just ordered it - will let you know which version shows up! Great price for the deluxe...

Definitely let me know!  I tried to email them and ask but it says Collectors-Choice has their contact form available.  I remember I ordered form them one time and it was supposed to be a clear variant but it was a black version.  They have something down in their fine print that says they can't gaurantee the color variant because it uses the same UPC (but somehow it always ends up with the standard edition under the color version listing, never the other way around).

Edited by YouTwo

I'm glad there will be no cameos. That most likely means they just focused on a being a solid unit as a band and hopefully began the writing process by just going in and jamming out some ideas and it will hopefully be less contrived than last time. Also, that let's me assume that Jon must have drummed the whole album and if he doesn't get a moment to tear that shit apart, I'll know that "over-songwriting" got in the way.

Ya, those cameos really ruined a great QOTSA album! Wait...

Rated R:

Queens of the Stone Age
  • Josh Homme – guitars (tracks 1 - 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11), lead vocals (tracks 1 - 3, 5, 6, 11), percussion (tracks 3, 8), lead guitar (tracks 4, 7), backing vocals (tracks 4, 8), drums (track 4), piano (track 10), producer, mixing, concept
  • Nick Oliveri – bass (tracks 1 - 3, 5 - 11), backing vocals (tracks 1, 2, 5, 6, 11), lead vocals (tracks 4, 7, 9), guitar (track 4), percussion (track 8), concept, art conception
Guest musicians
  • Dave Catching – electric piano (tracks 1, 2, 8), lap steel guitar (tracks 1, 11), guitar (tracks 6, 7), B3 (track 4), piano (track 5), 12-string guitar (track 10)
  • Nick Lucero – drums (tracks 2, 3, 5, 8, 11), percussion (tracks 3, 4)
  • Gene Trautmann – drums (tracks 1, 6, 7, 9)
  • Chris Goss – backing vocals (tracks 4, 5, 6), grand piano (track 1), percussion (track 1), noise piano (track 2), bass (track 4), producer
  • Mark Lanegan – backing vocals (tracks 4, 11), lead vocals (track 8)
  • Barrett Martin – vibes (tracks 2, 5), percussion (tracks 5, 10), steel drum (track 11)
  • Mike Johnson – backing vocals (track 3)
  • Peter Stahl – backing vocals (track 2)
  • Rob Halford – backing vocals (track 1)
  • Nick Eldorado – backing vocals (tracks 1, 7)
  • Wendy Rae Fowler (Wendy Ray Moan) – backing vocals (tracks 1, 7)
  • Scott Mayo – baritone sax (track 2), horns (track 11)
  • Fernando Pullum – flugal horn (track 7), horns (track 11)
  • Reggie Young – horns (track 11)

SFTD:

Queens of the Stone Age[edit]

Additional musicians[edit]