Vinyl Reviews Channel

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Be original. This is not original. 

:35 seconds in, and I hit that little thumbs down. You are so boring. I had to turn my volume WAY up to even hear you introduce yourself poorly....and then your stupid song and title screen pops up and it's loud as shit. 

AWFUL. 

TERRIBLE.

SAD!

Edited by THE_James_Champ

12 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Be original. This is not original. 

:35 seconds in, and I hit that little thumbs down. You are so boring. I had to turn my volume WAY up to even hear you introduce yourself poorly....and then your stupid song and title screen pops up and it's loud as shit. 

AWFUL. 

TERRIBLE.

SAD!

Hi James, thanks so much for your helpful feedback. Could I asked you to give me some more detail on what it is you found boring, awful, terrible and sad please so I can aim to improve the series for all future episodes.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, simonlomas said:

Hi James, thanks so much for your helpful feedback. Could I asked you to give me some more detail on what it is you found boring, awful, terrible and sad please so I can aim to improve the series for all future episodes.

Thank you

You. I found you boring. Just don't make any more episodes. You'll be doing everyone a huge favor. 

5 minutes ago, ethereal said:

people like watching someone review something if the person is experienced, enthusiastic, and is reviewing something worth reviewing.

you have none of those qualities 

I think it's unfair to say I am not experienced. I've been collecting vinyl for over a year

When I started my music blog, it amazed me how many more people would read about an album they already owned versus an album by a band they'd never heard of.

I could've written about Pink Floyd and gotten to my readership now in half the time it took me, or faster.

But what's the point in that? I did not watch the video because I have heard Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon more times than I can count. I did Dark Side of the Rainbow almost 20 years ago. The album is over 40 years old.

2 minutes ago, Battra said:

When I started my music blog, it amazed me how many more people would read about an album they already owned versus an album by a band they'd never heard of.

I could've written about Pink Floyd and gotten to my readership now in half the time it took me, or faster.

But what's the point in that? I did not watch the video because I have heard Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon more times than I can count. I did Dark Side of the Rainbow almost 20 years ago. The album is over 40 years old.

I think you should watch the video, it might be different from what you are expecting and it is only 4 minutes long

13 minutes ago, simonlomas said:

I think you should watch the video, it might be different from what you are expecting and it is only 4 minutes long

You owe me 4 minutes.

But it was different than I expected...Other than your rating, where was the actual review?

All you did was show me what the record looks like.

12 minutes ago, simonlomas said:

Do you guys have any advice as to how I can improve the video series?

Yes I do. Stop doing it immediately and go outside. Go enjoy the day, instead of reviewing albums older than you, at a volume that only  old people with hearing aids turned up so high, they squeal, can hear.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

1) Decide what you're trying to accomplish. Your title said review, but it was an unboxing.

2) Determine who your audience is. Then figure out what your audience wants to hear. Are you trying to convince young people to buy vinyl?  

3) Either work extemporaneously or not. I do unboxing videos and I have things I put into the videos in order to keep a recurring theme: I get a beer out of my fridge, I show a few records I've picked up, etc. I also show the vinyl itself, and not just the record in a sleeve. I have no idea if people are enjoying my unboxing videos, I put them there because it was requested of me. So, I do it and have fun with it. 

I did get a good comment on YouTube once...so there's that.

4) LOOK LIKE YOU'RE HAVING FUN. It looks like you're doing an oral report and didn't prepare.

5) If you're going to be doing videos of long established albums like Dark Side of the Moon, you shouldn't have any editing, any ums or urs...rehearse it before hand.

SPEAK LOUDLY and clearly.

6) Have a point. It didn't seem like there was much of a point to the video.

7) Do many of them before you start trying to get people to watch them. It takes time to develop a style and you don't have one. Your video is not going to garner repeated viewership. Just because you make a video, it doesn't mean you have to publish it. Do practice videos of every record you have. Figure out what you're trying to get across and learn to get that across.

• jhulud locked this topic