Vinyl Reviews Channel

26 minutes ago, Battra said:

1) Decide what you're trying to accomplish. Your title said review, but it was an unboxing.

2) Determine who your audience is. Then figure out what your audience wants to hear. Are you trying to convince young people to buy vinyl?  

3) Either work extemporaneously or not. I do unboxing videos and I have things I put into the videos in order to keep a recurring theme: I get a beer out of my fridge, I show a few records I've picked up, etc. I also show the vinyl itself, and not just the record in a sleeve. I have no idea if people are enjoying my unboxing videos, I put them there because it was requested of me. So, I do it and have fun with it. 

I did get a good comment on YouTube once...so there's that.

4) LOOK LIKE YOU'RE HAVING FUN. It looks like you're doing an oral report and didn't prepare.

5) If you're going to be doing videos of long established albums like Dark Side of the Moon, you shouldn't have any editing, any ums or urs...rehearse it before hand.

SPEAK LOUDLY and clearly.

6) Have a point. It didn't seem like there was much of a point to the video.

7) Do many of them before you start trying to get people to watch them. It takes time to develop a style and you don't have one. Your video is not going to garner repeated viewership. Just because you make a video, it doesn't mean you have to publish it. Do practice videos of every record you have. Figure out what you're trying to get across and learn to get that across.

You're coming at this like he's doing a serious review and failing.  It's really just mocking people who do vinyl reviews. 

1 hour ago, simonlomas said:

I think it's unfair to say I am not experienced. I've been collecting vinyl for over a year

POST. OF. THE. DECADE. The water I was drinking came spewing through the nose. Over a year, eh? Probably longer than 99% here lol. Thank you for the entertainment!:lol:

10 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Realizing now that the review is supposed to be a joke do you want us to comment on your comedy? it should probably be funny if it is intended to be a joke. You can be quiet if that is your style but you still have to be articulate and audible. 

Makes sense. It was suspect (particularly the replacement music, the sign running out of post-it notes and the general awkwardness). As with all things on the internet and the current generation, you can never tell for sure.

11 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Realizing now that the review is supposed to be a joke do you want us to comment on your comedy? it should probably be funny if it is intended to be a joke. You can be quiet if that is your style but you still have to be articulate and audible. 

Sorry, Andy Kaufman did it better.

1 minute ago, simonlomas said:

Please comment, like and subscribe guys

Jay Sherman has something to tell you!

1 minute ago, lastvaultboy said:

Makes sense. It was suspect (particularly the replacement music, the sign running out of post-it notes and the general awkwardness). As with all things on the internet and the current generation, you can never tell for sure.

This is why I don't find it all that funny.

Nearly every one of these I've watched has been an abortion.

How do you tell satire from actual shit if there's no difference?

1 minute ago, Metal Mike said:

This is why I don't find it all that funny.

Nearly every one of these I've watched has been an abortion.

How do you tell satire from actual shit if there's no difference?

Seems it's all shit unless something leaps out and shows you otherwise. Satire is so rarely funny, which is a tragedy. Too many people with big mouths and small talent - all given a platform.

3 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/comedy/spotlight/spotlight-simon-lomas

Best heckle:

"A man once shouted, 'You created Microsoft' at me. I was so shocked by the injustice of his accusation that I exploded with rage and just yelled, 'No I didn't' at his bewildered face."

*Cringe*

This guy is ok, Liam Pickford is much better IMO

"There's this bloke on the circuit who wears a papier-mâché dolphin mask and does fish puns. Someone shouted 'They're mammals!' at him. It's funny, informative and scientifically accurate. I don't really remember any putdowns as I'm too busy being a cuddly northern funster. I once ran at a heckler with a bin in Liverpool. That did the trick and gave people a thing to put rubbish in, which was nice for them."

• jhulud locked this topic