PO Soon: 7-Inches for Planned Parenthood Release Series

6 minutes ago, john said:

this series is going to be an abortion 

Please get your facts straight, only 3% of the releases in this series will be abortions; the remaining 97% percent will be comprised of free screenings, regular check-ups, community health initiatives, and other essential services. 

5 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

Please get your facts straight, only 3% of the releases in this series will be abortions; the remaining 97% percent will be comprised of free screenings, regular check-ups, community health initiatives, and other essential services. 

Actually, it's impossible to determine what percentage of the series will be abortions:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/08/12/for-planned-parenthood-abortion-stats-3-percent-and-94-percent-are-both-misleading

All we know for sure is it probably won't sell well in Texas and Mississippi.

Edited by unknown pleasures

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/7752608/seven-inches-planned-parenthood-box-set-singles

excerpt:

Many of the artists, including Chvrches, Estelle, Feist, Sleater-Kinney and the duet between John Legend and St. Vincent, contributed new songs  for the project. Others like Björk, Helado Negro, and Bon Iver gave rare takes on previously released songs—or previously released songs that people likely haven't heard before.

Much of the comedy on Seven Inches is archival culled fom live sets recorded at Largo that few if any have heard.  
While the visual art was created specifically for the project.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:32 AM, Holo said:

Elliott Smith? Wonder what it'll be...

It always puts a bad taste in my mouth when the deceased get put on stuff like this. I know I would be annoyed if I died and people took my songs for their 7" series marketed at hipster girls. Good cause and all but jeez.