Power amp help...

My husband was an audiophile from way back and he passed away a year ago.  His setup included a separate pre-amp and power amp.   The power amp was having problems (it was an Audiotronix CC-II) and I just heard back that it cannot be fixed.  His speakers are floor Mission speakers, his turntable is a Rega Planar and the pre-amp is Audio Research SP-5.  I am looking to replace the power amp but don't want to break the bank.   I'm OK with purchasing it used.   I am clueless - help!

On 4/13/2017 at 2:59 PM, ajxd said:

Are you sure on the model? I can't find any information on that... If you know wattage, that also helps. Model #s for the Missions too please.

As for breaking the bank, giving us a budget is most helpful. $100 can break some banks, $1,000 doesn't break others!

OK - the model on the power amp is Audionix CC2.   2 channels, 70 watts per channel.  Mission 774 speakers.  $300 max on the power amp.  

On 12/04/2017 at 3:08 AM, Kim said:

My husband was an audiophile from way back and he passed away a year ago.  His setup included a separate pre-amp and power amp.   The power amp was having problems (it was an Audiotronix CC-II) and I just heard back that it cannot be fixed.  His speakers are floor Mission speakers, his turntable is a Rega Planar and the pre-amp is Audio Research SP-5.  I am looking to replace the power amp but don't want to break the bank.   I'm OK with purchasing it used.   I am clueless - help!

Hi Kim

As everyone else I'm sorry to hear of your loss but also glad to hear you are carrying on with his equipment.

As to your power amp I suspect it's an audionics and was quite a nice thing so I'd try elsewhere for repair, it was a well made US designed and made product and I would expect pretty rare now, it dates from the late 70's

http://www.nutshellhifi.com/library/bobsickler.html

To get something new of the same quality and lively sound I would expect would cost a lot of money and if used it would probably need to be something valve (tube) or possibly British which is not going to be that easy in the US so I would reach out to the people on the web page in the link above to see if they can help, you might need to ship to someone for repair but I think it would be worth it.