The Juliana Theory - Emotion is Dead (PO-ish)

A few thoughts since I am just catching up on this thread:

1.) A couple of these shows had already sold out. I (obviously) don't have access to their sales numbers, but the response was strong in enough markets that they nearly doubled the city count after first announcing the tour. 

2.) Someone said that Brett's solo albums were overpriced?!  I fucking made each of those by hand and they had some of the most unique packaging you've ever seen.  Anyone who got a copy got it for a song as far as my tired hands are concerned!

3.) If this is too expensive for you, you should pick up a copy of Deadbeat Sweetheartbeat from me right here:

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com

$26 bucks for a 2xLP in a gatefold jacket that unfolds twice, extends to over 4 feet long and housed inside of a screen printed, hand numbered jacket. 

4.) I am pretty close with Brett. He is one of the nicest dudes I've ever met. He and the band members get along so well, and a day spent on any social media shows how close they all interact (and have for years)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, birdwell said:

this shit is hilarious, wouldn't it make more sense to keep selling this merch to fund this (Surely to be bunk) new record?

One would think, unless they just hadn't sold many. In which case they could maybe reorder a more realistic amount and try selling them at an equally realistic price.

I responded to the cancellation email and asked why the records were cancelled along with the tour:

We are writing to apologize but your order (and everyone else’s order) from The Juliana Theory online store is being refunded.  It’s a long story but the printing and fulfillment of our merchandise was tied directly into our tour and the merchandise can’t be made without the tour happening.  Because the tour is postponed none of our merch can be printed at this time.  We apologize sincerely as we know this is a bummer.  To make this up to you you’ll get two free tickets to see us when we reschedule our tour.  We’ll also let you know before anyone else when we re-open our store for orders again.  We can’t thank you enough for your support all these years and for understanding this situation.  

Thank you sincerely,
Brett, Josh, Chad, Josh, and Chip

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, scott_c said:

I responded to the cancellation email and asked why the records were cancelled along with the tour:

We are writing to apologize but your order (and everyone else’s order) from The Juliana Theory online store is being refunded.  It’s a long story but the printing and fulfillment of our merchandise was tied directly into our tour and the merchandise can’t be made without the tour happening.  Because the tour is postponed none of our merch can be printed at this time.  We apologize sincerely as we know this is a bummer.  To make this up to you you’ll get two free tickets to see us when we reschedule our tour.  We’ll also let you know before anyone else when we re-open our store for orders again.  We can’t thank you enough for your support all these years and for understanding this situation.  

Thank you sincerely,
Brett, Josh, Chad, Josh, and Chip

is there any indication if that goes for people who bought tickets to the show & the special edition vinyl as well?

i paid $126 after fees for 1 ticket to the show with the splatter vip vinyl package & haven't been refunded. they said it will be applied when they rebook the tour. but its a lot of money to leave hanging out there for an undetermined amount of time.

it'd also be sad if they were giving free tickets to the show to people who ordered through their webstore only. 

50 minutes ago, MiseryIndex said:

is there any indication if that goes for people who bought tickets to the show & the special edition vinyl as well?

i paid $126 after fees for 1 ticket to the show with the splatter vip vinyl package & haven't been refunded. they said it will be applied when they rebook the tour. but its a lot of money to leave hanging out there for an undetermined amount of time.

it'd also be sad if they were giving free tickets to the show to people who ordered through their webstore only. 

They can't let everyone in for free. 

I would for sure request an actual refund for that ticket though. You can make up your mind when (if) the tour is rebooked about whether or not you still want to go.

4 hours ago, dantheriver said:

They can't let everyone in for free. 

I would for sure request an actual refund for that ticket though. You can make up your mind when (if) the tour is rebooked about whether or not you still want to go.

oh i will happily pay for a ticket to see them. i was just thrown by the idea of giving 2 free tickets to people who bought a $35 vinyl, but not the ones who paid $125 for a VIP ticket to get the special vinyl.

& also because if i was getting a free ticket i would request a refund through ticketweb on the ticket i bought, since it shows the tour as postponed & not canceled or refunded.

• 2 years later...