Cassette Players

After building a small collection of cassettes over the last few years (I work in a few different venues and they're an affordable/portable way to support touring bands or bands I like that isn't a t-shirt) I decided to start looking for my very own walkman or portable cassette player. Anyway I finally found this one yesterday at a thrift store and despite it looking like a piece of garbage it works great! I think I'll jazz it up with some stickers or something.  Those of you who take your cassettes on the go, what do you use?

244ad09.jpg

I have a dual Technics deck that allows me to dub cassettes, but I haven't used the dubbing part yet. So I just listen to my tapes on the deck through my stereo speakers while I play video games or study. 

Funny thing is, I have such a wide variety of tapes now, I just mainly listen to cassettes. For me, they are less of a hassle to play then putting an LP on my turntable. (I don't have a CD deck hooked up yet, or I would also listen to CDs as well)

I'm old. I started on cass walkmans in the mid 80's. Had a listen to my daughters iPod 10 years ago to see if I should get with the program but it was just a tinpot squawk. No thank you. Continued on with cass walkmans. Some MEAT in your music.

had about 3 of these over the last 20 years:

58e2def3d73bc1008054d2f3.jpg?s=d45a0e051

Sony WM FX-888.

Production ceased in 2003. 

if you can find one of these you are SORTED.

mine all eventually broke.

usually its either the auto reverse that fucks them or the jack hole gets loose and the sound cuts out intermittently (it's back! oh its gone) and proceeds to drive you batshit insane. I love these things so much that would persevere for months walking/commuting keeping one finger pushing against the phones input before eventually crying no mas.

Currently using

WM-EX900-www.sonyvintage.com_.jpg

Sony WM-EX900.

Stone cold killer. Daftly though, the volume only has 3 default settings.:

-Mildly pleasant.

-Loud.

-Skullfuckingly loud.

Edited by Sprague Dawley

• 2 weeks later...