Discogs feedback question...

Can you leave negative feedback for a seller when you haven't paid for an item yet, or vice versa? i.e. there has been no actual sale yet? I'm just wondering, not looking to make an offer and dash. I'm actually a seller in this scenario. 

Edited by skycriesmary

if you as a seller receive a negative before a transaction has been completed, first politely request that the other party remove it. if that doesn't work, go to the feedback forum, state your case and request that it be removed. it is very important to be polite in all discogs exchanges because if you are rude or curse the moderators will always decide against you, even if you are in the right. 

8 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

Can you leave negative feedback for a seller when you haven't paid for an item yet, or vice versa? i.e. there has been no actual sale yet? I'm just wondering, not looking to make an offer and dash. I'm actually a seller in this scenario. 

So you sold an item but he hasn't paid for it yet? Did you send the invoice?

Why would he need to leave you negative feedback? I feel like we are only hearing half the story.

They can leave negative if you cancel the order, but not if they just decide not to play.

Worst negative feedback I have got on there was from a buyer who played the record at the wrong speed and then tried to claim I pressed the record wrong...it's crazy once he spun it at 45 rpm everything worked fine...

Yes, people do have the ability to leave feedback without exchanging money but Discogs may work with you if it is viewed as unfair. As a seller, somebody once left me negative feedback before an order was even started because I did not respond to an order REQUEST fast enough for their liking.  They then asked me to just cancel the order for an $8 Modest Mouse record because they were "over it."  I politely emailed them and explained that I am not a business and I'm just a guy who sells records I don't spin much on her occasionally.  I apologized for taking two days to respond to a request.  I requested that they remove the negative feedback considering no money was actually exchanged and the only inconvenience for them was that they did not buy a cheap record. Of course there was no response from them. I was mad! I only had a small handful of feedback and all was 100% positive. The one negative review really bothered me because It lowered my rating to 65%

Discogs takes feedback pretty seriously and were very reasonable in my case. I filled out a form to dispute the feedback and they removed it for me because it was obviously unjust. Here's a link to their feedback policy. https://support.discogs.com/en/support/solutions/articles/13000015248

50 minutes ago, shamrocks said:

yes.  I had an order that i elected not to invoice from a foreign buyer early on in my discogs career. i cancelled the transaction (with no fault assigned to buyer) and they were able to leave negative feedback.  im not sure if those rules still apply, as it was a few years ago

To be fair, I would have left a neutral. Negative seems a bit unnecessary if no transaction took place.

5 minutes ago, xen0m0rph said:

One time I order record from discogs.

And i was waiting for the invoice.

Then seller tells me that someone offer him 15 euros more and what I will gonna do?

So i leave him negative feedback before i pay for the item.

That sounds totally reasonable.  Discogs is no place for the ol' bait-and-switch.

I refused to sell to a person because they live in South America, and the record was so cheap that even charging them the shipping wasn't worth dealing with. $15 record + who knows what in shipping + assuming the risk of mailing something to Sourh America. They ordered once and I cancelled, giving them the reason. A couple days later they tried ordering again so I sent a much more sternly worded message stating the same thing as the first. Eventually they left me shitty feedback, saying the record came warped and damaged. Obviously not possible if I didn't send them anything at all. Another potential customer even messaged me asking about that negative feedback because I still had the record for sale. That's when I first became aware of the negative feedback. Discogs sided with me right away luckily. 

I refused to sell to a person because they live in South America, and the record was so cheap that even charging them the shipping wasn't worth dealing with. $15 record + who knows what in shipping + assuming the risk of mailing something to Sourh America. They ordered once and I cancelled, giving them the reason. A couple days later they tried ordering again so I sent a much more sternly worded message stating the same thing as the first. Eventually they left me shitty feedback, saying the record came warped and damaged. Obviously not possible if I didn't send them anything at all. Another potential customer even messaged me asking about that negative feedback because I still had the record for sale. That's when I first became aware of the negative feedback. Discogs sided with me right away luckily. 

1 hour ago, shamrocks said:

yes.  I had an order that i elected not to invoice from a foreign buyer early on in my discogs career. i cancelled the transaction (with no fault assigned to buyer) and they were able to leave negative feedback.  im not sure if those rules still apply, as it was a few years ago

Why did you not want to invoice it? Because it was international?

Did you put that stipulation in the listing, or did he find out after he made the purchase?

For example, my Discogs is setup to only accept orders from US buyers. It currently says "This seller does not accept orders from 242 counrties."

Edited by vinyl addict