PO Now: Waxahatchee - Out in the Storm

PO on Merge Records - Standard LP / Deluxe 2 LP / 2 LP + CD + Postcards, out July 14th: https://www.mergerecords.com/out-in-the-storm

10_700_700_594_waxahatchee_lpdeluxe3_pos

10_700_700_594_waxahatchee_lpdeluxe1_120

10_404_404_594_waxahatchee_lpdeluxe2_120 10_404_404_594_waxahatchee_lp1_1200px.jp

Out in the Storm, Katie Crutchfield’s fourth album as Waxahatchee and the follow-up to her Merge debut Ivy Tripp, is the blazing result of a woman reawakened. Her most autobiographical and honest album to date, Out in the Storm is a self-reflective anchor in the story of both her songwriting and her life.

The album was tracked at Miner Street Recordings in Philadelphia with John Agnello, a producer, recording engineer, and mixer known for working with some of the most iconic musicians of the last 25 years, including Dinosaur Jr. and Sonic Youth. Agnello and Crutchfield worked together for most of December 2016, along with the band: sister Allison Crutchfield on keyboards and percussion, Katherine Simonetti on bass, and Ashley Arnwine on drums; Katie Harkin, touring guitarist with Sleater-Kinney, also contributed lead guitar. At Agnello’s suggestion, the group recorded most of the music live to enhance their unity in a way that gives the album a fuller sound compared to past releases, resulting in one of Waxahatchee’s most guitar-driven releases to date.

CD
- 12-page booklet with full lyrics and photos
- uncoated stock digipak with silver foil details

LP (Standard)
- album on black vinyl
- 12" × 24" poster insert with a portrait of Katie Crutchfield on one side and full lyrics on the other
- uncoated stock jacket with silver foil details
- full download

Deluxe 2-LP (Limited edition)
- album on black vinyl
- exclusive bonus LP of demo versions of the entire album on cloud white vinyl
- 12" × 24" poster of Katie Crutchfield
- gatefold jacket with full lyrics and silver foil details
- full download of album and demo versions

2-LP + CD + Postcards (all items will ship together to arrive on or around July 14 release date)
- CD and deluxe 2-LP formats as detailed above
- set of six postcards featuring exclusive photos and album lyrics selected by Katie

TRACK/SONG TITLE ARTIST DURATION
Never Been Wrong Waxahatchee 3:12
8 Ball Waxahatchee 2:49
Silver Waxahatchee 3:24
Recite Remorse Waxahatchee 4:38
Sparks Fly Waxahatchee 3:06
Brass Beam Waxahatchee 2:42
Hear You Waxahatchee 3:01
A Little More Waxahatchee 2:32
No Question Waxahatchee 3:38
Fade Waxahatchee 3:47
Edited by SE7EN

Damn! thought I had everything I wanted for the time being. Ordered a deluxe via Rough Trade, they may be slightly more expensive but they don't take payment until the order is ready to ship so at least I can budget or cancel and order elsewhere if it's cheaper nearer the date..

Ivy Tripp didn't really do it for me but this sounds awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

What do you guys/gals think of this?

I liked it on first listen, but it didn't have my full attention.   I should get to it again this weekend.  Initial thought was that I liked it more than Ivy Trip (which I did enjoy).  I'm glad I got the demo LP too, think that will get just as many listens as the proper LP.

• 5 years later...