[PO NOW ] Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

16 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

C94SlGUUwAANfJi.jpg

So if he's signing 3,000 in one sitting, maybe he did sign the Untitled, Unmastered?

of course he did. It was because the internet was so upset with the quality of the signature that they ran with the "intern signed it" idea but in all reality, I doubt kdot would dick his fans like that.

8 minutes ago, ethereal said:

of course he did. It was because the internet was so upset with the quality of the signature that they ran with the "intern signed it" idea but in all reality, I doubt kdot would dick his fans like that.

I can't imagine even just writing a "K" 3000 times in one sitting as my work day. This dude is making exponentially more money than I do though, so you gotta do what you gotta do. Still not convinced some of those Untitled Unmasteted K's didn't get pawned off on somebody else though.

17 minutes ago, rooks said:

So, 3k signed copies at best buy plus what do you think... 2-3k from his website too?

Signed copy is gonna be more common than the unsigned.

He's projected to have 475,000 first week sales, obviously that also comes from Streams and digital releases, but that's still enough for there to be a shit ton of unsigned copies, I don't think the signed will be more common.

Edited by Reshiram454

8 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

I'll just wait until this is $12 on Amazon w/ Prime just like Good Kid

To be fair GKMC was (to my recollection) never more expensive than like $18.  I'm guessing that a standard non signed non Kendrick store copy will start around $25-30 so it could be a while before you catch this one at $12.

Edited by dantheriver

On 4/18/2017 at 7:02 PM, Reshiram454 said:

He's projected to have 475,000 first week sales, obviously that also comes from Streams and digital releases, but that's still enough for there to be a shit ton of unsigned copies, I don't think the signed will be more common.

Not to say I wasn't exaggerating a tiny bit, but, first week sales would not effect the number of unsigned copies in the wild... Because there were no week 1 unsigned copies. And those 475,000 people are not all going to buy vinyl copies on top of their CDs and downloads.

Edited by rooks

3 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

I also got my GKMC and TPAB signed, they told us we could only get the CDs signed but no one listened. This has lowkey been one of the best days ever.

What makes it lowkey?  Who have you been hiding your day's accomplishments from?  Are you embarrassed?  Nervous?

I'm chosing to get a standard black wax from a regular store at the time it comes out than waiting ages to get a red signed copy. My signed copy of Un/Un is kinda pointless and took longer to arrive than if I had purchased from a store. And more expensive, if I recall correctly.

After a week listening to DAMN. on repeat, I can say it's not as incredible as both his previous full-lenghts. But it still stands out as a hell of a mainstream hip-hop record, which I assume was the direction he chose to follow instead of determining the next trend on alternative hip-hop. Seems like a fun, relaxed, back to basics approach to Kendrick.