PO: Fotocrime - Always Hell 7" (Ryan Patterson of Coliseum)

"Near the end of 2015, Coliseum quietly decided to end our twelve year run and the band went on indefinite hiatus. Because it felt so personal, we chose to not publicly announce it at the time. Soon after, I began work on my next musical endeavor: Fotocrime. After a year of hard work out of the public eye, I’m happy to share the first Fotocrime song, launch preorders for our debut 7”, and announce our first shows supporting long time friends Russian Circles. Your support of C...oliseum throughout the years was so greatly appreciated and I look forward to many new adventures with Fotocrime. All my love. - R."

fotocrime_7injacket_1024x1024.png?v=1492

https://shirtkiller.com/collections/fotocrime

http://www.imposemagazine.com/tv/fotocrime-always-hell

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dhesketh said:

This record is good.  Though like much Louisville post hardcore/whatever it will probably be overlooked.  Kids should pick this up.  And then hit the bargain bins for related shit.  Long list of damn fine bands. 

Sounds like I need to shop at your record store if they put that kind of stuff in the bargain bin.  I better go soon because they probably won't be in business much longer. 

4 hours ago, Dhesketh said:

Yeah, shutting to doors soon cause they're missing out on that lords and black god money.  

So Lords and Black God is your "long list of damn fine bands"?  Sorry man... bands that came out of that scene aren't in the bargain bin.  I'm sure you weren't being serious but it's hard for me to bite my tongue when I read something like that.  A lot of those guys are near and dear to me.  

Edited by kisol

18 minutes ago, kisol said:

So Lords and Black God is your "long list of damn fine bands"?  Sorry man... bands that came out of that scene aren't in the bargain bin.  I'm sure you weren't being serious but it's hard for me to bite my tongue when I read something like that.  A lot of those guys are near and dear to me.  

Dear lord... it was a positive statement supporting Midwest hardcore.  Just because you can find a black widows or enkindel record in the bargain bin doesn't mean it's bad, just under appreciated.  You should take a look at my record collection for gods sake.  And not feel the need to be annoying on the internet. This is why I lurk and don't post, thanks bud. 

4 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I wasn't blown away by the new song, but I'm real interested to hear more of the project.  I liked the post-punk / darkwave-ish elements that were added into that last Coliseum LP a lot.  Also a little bummed Coliseum is done, didn't realize they were calling it quits.

I also thought the last Coliseum record was one of their best (I think "House With a Curse" is my overall favorite) and this definitely moves in the direction they were headed on "Anxiety's Kiss".  However, on the good side of Coliseum splitting, Ryan is doing this band, which is pretty cool thus far and Carter (drums) is  in this awesome band Null where he sings and plays guitar instead of drums (   https://nullvibes.bandcamp.com/  ) . Kayzun (sp?) plays in Yautja.  So they're all active with cool stuff.