That Dog - Retreat From The Sun

This is what I got from Third Man:

"Hi Robert,

Thanks for your email!  Colored variants will be available in indie stores - please contact your local shop to see if they plan on stocking this title!  Additionally we do add colored variants of titles to the Vault Store on occasion, however I cannot guarantee if this particular title will be made available on the site.

Please let me know if you have additional questions!"

Bullmoose & Rough Trade both have them both listed as black. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Search continues...

Edited by MyEnemy

• 3 weeks later...

this is the first mention I’ve seen of there being a color vinyl version since I heard about the pre-order.

from the End Of An Ear email: 

That Dog. "Retreat From the Sun" [Limited color vinyl] LP (Third Man Records) 

Originally conceived as a solo album from that dog. frontwoman Anna Waronker, the third studio LP from the band arrived polished, constructed and aerodynamic for the late 90's post-grunge haze it emerged from. While gems like "Hawthorne" quaintly imagine punk rock shows in car garages and "Minneapolis" recalls the "I only saw her for one second" ephemeral beauty of Citizen Kane, the album itself traverses a myriad of emotions and counts among its fans both Pat Smear of the Germs and the Vivian Girls. Touring in support for Retreat had that dog sharing stages with the likes of Counting Crows, The Wallflowers and Blur. A deep interview by Matt Pinfield on MTV's 120 Minutes provided prime underground exposure. Boosted by a glossy music video, "Never Say Never" even found its way onto the Billboard Modern Rock charts. While a picture disc version of alternate mixes was self-released by the band 2017, this is the first-ever vinyl release of this album. COLOR VINYL AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Edited by deafmx

https://thirdmanrecords.com/news/third-man-records-vinyl-reissues-of-that-dogs-totally-crushed-out-retreat-from-the-sun-out-today

Today, Third Man Records is excited to release vinyl reissues of that dog.'s seminal LPs Totally Crushed Out and Retreat From The Sun. These reissues arrive just in time for the 25th anniversary of the original release of Totally Crushed Out and mark the first vinyl pressing of either album. Purchase Totally Crushed Out HERE, and purchase Retreat From The Sun HERE. An exclusive version of of Totally Crushed Out is available in pink and white marble colored vinyl at Third Man Nashville and Detroit storefronts, and a version with a hand-screenprinted LP jacket is available to Vault members only. Retreat From The Sun is available in limited opaque brown colored vinyl at TMR Nashville and Detroit storefronts, as well as select indie stores - listed here:

Flat Black and Circular (Lansing, MI)

JL Records (West Lafayette, IN)

Rough Trade (Brooklyn, NY)

UHF (Royal Oak, MI)

The Groove (Nashville, TN)

Seasick Records (Birmingham, AL)

Tonevendor (St. Augustine, FL)

Vinyl Tap (Nashville, TN)

End of An Ear (Austin, TX)

Watts Music (Novato, CA)

Factory (Costa Mesa, CA)

Used Kids (Columbus, OH)

Grimey's (Nashville, TN)

Edited by deafmx

58 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Yeah, Totally Crushed Out is only available via their brick+mortar stores. Just finding out I about the screen printed version though! Shit!

I had to have a friend, who works at TMR, pick me up both copies.

Shit, the screen-printed version is already out of stock.

Edited by smailtronic