RSD 2017 Online Leftovers: Post sellers here after they make items available online

On 5/3/2017 at 5:14 PM, djghost1976 said:

It's the record.  I would call if you place an order.  I got the Thelonius Monk today off their site a d called to confirm.  They went and pulled the record while I was on the phone.

Thanks for the info, just got my Pearl Jam fix!

On 5/3/2017 at 5:14 PM, djghost1976 said:

It's the record.  I would call if you place an order.  I got the Thelonius Monk today off their site a d called to confirm.  They went and pulled the record while I was on the phone.

Thanks for the info, just got my Pearl Jam fix!

7 hours ago, SuperII said:

Did people see the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page in their local stores on the day? I have yet to speak to anyone who got it...

we had one lasted an hour or two, it was $20ish a little steep for 3 songs. They should have just dont the whole show and charged more

After a week of back and forth with SRC customer service (who were surprisingly apologetic and super nice) and opening a PayPal claim for a refund my Coheed And Cambria RSD is on its way to me (with faster shipping as an apology for the delay). Apparently they sorted out their warehouse and have a few copies to send out, so if you still have an open order with them check in on it because you might get lucky. 

On 4/27/2017 at 4:49 AM, rcangler3 said:

Be weary of recordpusher. I've had problems with them in the past.  Their online inventory is wayyy off and they tried to keep my money.  I ordered an old rsd of linkin park and they tried to send me just the regular linkin park album.  There were a couple other albums I ordered at the same time and they had none of them in stock. Updated their stock after I tried to order them.  Took over a month to get my money back.

My order came in today and it was exactly what I ordered. 

32 minutes ago, SuperII said:

I received my Juno order yesterday - it was in a flimsy mailer but somehow arrived safely...

I've mentioned this before, but I still can't get over how horrible 90% of the packaging UK-based shops use.

When I see something arrive in one of those thin cardboard (or more accurately thick paper) mailers always get a little nervous. It's a miricle when things aren't damaged if those are used. And they seem the exclusive domain of UK shops; I used to sometimes get one from Europe but it seems all of those places have upgraded to sturdier cardboard. 

Doesn't matter if it's Rough Trade or a small indie shop, a LP or a single, a very cheap or a very expensive record: any packaging from Britain is usually cringeworthy. 

18 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

When I see something arrive in one of those thin cardboard (or more accurately thick paper) mailers always get a little nervous. It's a miricle when things aren't damaged if those are used. And they seem the exclusive domain of UK shops; I used to sometimes get one from Europe but it seems all of those places have upgraded to sturdier cardboard. 

Just had an Amazon LP purchase shipped to me in one of those. To no one's surprise, I pulled the LP out of its sleeve and one quadrant of the album had been bent such that the edge of the record was about 2 inches higher than the hole. The seller gave me a full refund, but why ship an LP in a nonrigid mailer? Just asking for problems.

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

I've mentioned this before, but I still can't get over how horrible 90% of the packaging UK-based shops use.

Doesn't matter if it's Rough Trade or a small indie shop, a LP or a single, a very cheap or a very expensive record: any packaging from Britain is usually cringeworthy. 

My only guess is that they are trying to keep the weight low to manage the shipping costs (to keep it under some threshold of 1kg or whatever). If that's not why they are using the flimsy packaging then I'm completely baffled. There is no excuse. 

2 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

I've found quite a few places I order from here use reasonable mailers - Norman and Banquet being notable from memory. Otherwise yeah, those horrible 'paper' mailers are bad. Fortunately nothing has ever come worse than a corner ding, but that's domestic. 
Ever had any serious damage from those?

2 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

I've found quite a few places I order from here use reasonable mailers - Norman and Banquet being notable from memory. Otherwise yeah, those horrible 'paper' mailers are bad. Fortunately nothing has ever come worse than a corner ding, but that's domestic. 
Ever had any serious damage from those?

I have had some serious bends and cover damage (at least 3 or 4 times) from the flimsy envelope type mailers... There are most definitely some new designs in mailers lately that have extra corner protection that juts out over the edges and inner folders that hold sleeves tight. I've never seen these for sale in North America but I get packages mailed to me from Scandinavia, Germany that use this new breed.

24 minutes ago, SuperII said:

I have had some serious bends and cover damage (at least 3 or 4 times) from the flimsy envelope type mailers... There are most definitely some new designs in mailers lately that have extra corner protection that juts out over the edges and inner folders that hold sleeves tight. I've never seen these for sale in North America but I get packages mailed to me from Scandinavia, Germany that use this new breed.

That sounds like a solid packaging upgrade. Some mailers are like tanks - others are almost pointless.

I've been lucky and rarely had serious damage, but I have had a couple of warped records over the years (which in both cases the labels exchanged at no charge).  Usually it's just corner damage which for the most part I can suck up and live with; I consider it an implied risk of doing mail order. 

I can understand trying to cut down on weight but you'd think the amount of returns/frustration/lost customers/etc these mailers must cause would make up for any savings - apparently not!

Ugh, just got an "order delayed, will follow" email from Banquet regarding two albums I copped there. I ordered literally 2 minutes after they went live and they're still showing stock left on one of the releases, so that's slightly annoying. They said they will follow up 7/5....they did take my money out and haven't reimbursed me though, so I guess I can try and have a glimpse of optimism.

Edit: if anyone ordered from Banquet and hasn't heard anything yet, you are probably still in luck. They emailed me back saying their shipping is incredibly delayed because of the 2500+ orders on the 29th and after. They said the items you ordered are reserved for you, as long as you received an order number and confirmation. 

Edited by underwaterzoo

On 5/6/2017 at 9:45 PM, underwaterzoo said:

Ugh, just got an "order delayed, will follow" email from Banquet regarding two albums I copped there. I ordered literally 2 minutes after they went live and they're still showing stock left on one of the releases, so that's slightly annoying. They said they will follow up 7/5....they did take my money out and haven't reimbursed me though, so I guess I can try and have a glimpse of optimism.

Edit: if anyone ordered from Banquet and hasn't heard anything yet, you are probably still in luck. They emailed me back saying their shipping is incredibly delayed because of the 2500+ orders on the 29th and after. They said the items you ordered are reserved for you, as long as you received an order number and confirmation. 

Did they follow up with you on 05/7?  I placed an order on 5/3 and haven't heard a thing yet.