RSD 2017 Online Leftovers: Post sellers here after they make items available online

22 minutes ago, SuperII said:

Me too. Beatles 7", Prince 1999 7" Pic Disc as well...

FYI: Small boxes ship very affordably from them. Larger boxes are crazy expensive however.

I ordered 6 RSD items from

them and they had them all in stock.  It took around 2 weeks for them to ship my order though.  Shipping is very affordable but I have had some issues with them in the past because they use a very flimsy mailer.  The box is so weak that the corners get damaged very easily and the box is very easy to rip apart (even by hand).  They once shipped 10 LPs to me using this mailer and it got DESTROYED in the mail.  The corners were all dented, some creased beyond belief and there were so many seamsplits.  I let them know and they said they would send replacement sleeves.  I requested that they use a stronger mailer, but that fell on deaf ears.  When the package arrived, they only sent the outer sleeves and in the same weak package, so of course those empty replacement outer sleeves got damaged in the mail too.  Their solution to this was shocking:

"Since this has been a problem earlier when shipping to your address, we can no longer send orders to your address due to the amount of damaged items."

Basically, they blamed the postal service, when the real problem was their flimsy mailer and packaging.

I took a chance and ordered again from them because their RSD selection was so vast.  This time they used the same cheap mailer but reinforced the package with 2 shipping bands on the outside which seemed to be better, but maybe I just got lucky.  One item still arrived damaged, so just be aware that their packaging is really bad and customer service even worse!

Edited by plucker

3 minutes ago, plucker said:

I ordered 7 RSD items from

them and they had them all in stock.  It took around 2 weeks for them to ship my order though.  Shipping is very affordable but I have had some issues with them in the past because they use a very flimsy mailer.  The box is so weak that the corners get damaged very easily and the box is very easy to rip apart (even by hand).  They once shipped 7 LPs to me using this mailer and it got destroyed in the mail.  The corners were all dented, some creased beyond belief and there were so many seamsplits.  I let them know and they said they would send replacement sleeves.  I requested that they use a stronger mailer, but that fell on deaf ears.  When the package arrived, they only sent the outer sleeves and in the same weak package, so of course those empty replacement outer sleeves got damaged in the mail too.  Their solution to this was shocking:

"Since this has been a problem earlier when shipping to your address, we can no longer send orders to your address due to the amount of damaged items."

Basically, they blamed the postal service, when the real problem was their flimsy mailer and packaging.

I took a chance and ordered again from them because their RSD selection was so vast.  This time they used the same cheap mailer but reinforced the package with 2 shipping bands on the outside which seemed to be better, but maybe I just got lucky.  One item still arrived damaged, so just be aware that their packaging is really bad!

Ack. That's a real drag with their shipping/packaging. Hope my package arrives unscathed.

I have been waiting a couple weeks for my initial order, so I see what you mean about the delayed shipments. 

Stock wise, they have been really great so far (although a touch on the expensive side compared to say Juno) but at this point we're lucky to find anything at retail.

On 5/11/2017 at 1:24 AM, sethdavid said:

Update: Contacted them via email about the missing copy and either they missed the message (benefit of the doubt) or decided to ignore it. 

I guess I have to call them. 

I'm pretty sure I have an extra copy. I thought my order from a company got cancelled so I ended up buying a copy off Discogs. So, if you want the extra copy I have it's yours. The only caveat is that it's open. 

Got my Bengans order yesterday. Wow. They really use shitty boxes.

Stuff was floating around loose with only a few air pockets on top of LPs and 10"s that slid all over the place. A large hole was punched in the top of the flimsy box that had no extra cardboard supports. Somehow the only damage was to the U2 and it was just a seam split that tore through that clear plastic sleeve and ripped the sticker as well (had it been snug this wouldn't have happened). All told it could be worse but for what I paid in shipping, really guys, it wouldn't kill you to take a little more care. These are records after all. You'd think they would know about them being somewhat fragile?

26 minutes ago, SuperII said:

Got my Bengans order yesterday. Wow. They really use shitty boxes.

Stuff was floating around loose with only a few air pockets on top of LPs and 10"s that slid all over the place. A large hole was punched in the top of the flimsy box that had no extra cardboard supports. Somehow the only damage was to the U2 and it was just a seam split that tore through that clear plastic sleeve and ripped the sticker as well (had it been snug this wouldn't have happened). All told it could be worse but for what I paid in shipping, really guys, it wouldn't kill you to take a little more care. These are records after all. You'd think they would know about them being somewhat fragile?

Can't wait to get my order!  lol 

But honestly, I don't understand how some of these stores send out vinyl the way they do.  Turntable Lab kind of does the same thing sometime (sending a 7" unprotected in a bubble mailer).   I would imagine that a store like Bengans gets tons of complaints too, yet they still keep shipping the same way.

I love that Bengans has this on their return policy area btw:   If returning a product, make sure it is carefully packaged since you are responsible for any possible damages to the product.

Edited by djghost1976

I gotta say, the cure pic discs sound amazing. I know that isn't the norm by any means, but they are incredibly crisp with great levels. one of the better sounding records in my collection, which came as a huge surprise to me.

plus they came in a gatefold sleeve as opposed to the usual pvc sleeve that pic discs come in. was quite impressed.

12 hours ago, jrodan said:

I gotta say, the cure pic discs sound amazing. I know that isn't the norm by any means, but they are incredibly crisp with great levels. one of the better sounding records in my collection, which came as a huge surprise to me.

plus they came in a gatefold sleeve as opposed to the usual pvc sleeve that pic discs come in. was quite impressed.

I read that from A LOT of friends about the surprisingly good sound quality of the Cure picture discs

They were right. They sound good. And they look even better.

I thought that it doesnt hurt to own a nice looking item once in a while.

The sound quality was a nice extra :)

I am sure that the black vinyl reissues will sound even better. Curious on how the packaging will look.

On 5/18/2017 at 0:44 AM, trickster said:

I read that from A LOT of friends about the surprisingly good sound quality of the Cure picture discs

They were right. They sound good. And they look even better.

I thought that it doesnt hurt to own a nice looking item once in a while.

The sound quality was a nice extra :)

I am sure that the black vinyl reissues will sound even better. Curious on how the packaging will look.

See, I not only dislike pic discs because the sound quality is often sub par...I also think they look like garbage. To each their own, but, yeah. I don't like 'em.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:13 PM, jrodan said:

I agree mine sounds great! Just like my Marilyn Manson Antichrist Superstar picture discs sound better to me than the Hottopic exclusive. 

10 minutes ago, Pupples said:

Has anyone received bangerz from Marvelio yet?

I don't think they were ever sent. Mine was due 5/16. I sent a message asking for tracking on 5/17 and they refunded me a few hours later. And the 3.99 shipping refund came about 2 hours after that (pointing this out to spare you a 2nd angry email to them). 

Anybody have any issues with therecordexchange? I got no tracking, and so far, no email response.