RSD 2017 Online Leftovers: Post sellers here after they make items available online

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-cure-rsd-vinyl-to-get-wider-release/

I hope no one besides uber-Cure collectors paid for stupid picture disc editions with bad audio fidelity, because now The Cure's Greatest Hits 2LP and The Acoustic Hits bonus CD turned into its own 2LP are being reissued on standard black vinyl. Listings are for European Amazon sellers only on though, so it's possible this will be import-only, or SDE being a UK site, they're not always going to list NA buying options.

21 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-cure-rsd-vinyl-to-get-wider-release/

I hope no one besides uber-Cure collectors paid for stupid picture disc editions with bad audio fidelity, because now The Cure's Greatest Hits 2LP and The Acoustic Hits bonus CD turned into its own 2LP are being reissued on standard black vinyl. Listings are for European Amazon sellers only on though, so it's possible this will be import-only, or SDE being a UK site, they're not always going to list NA buying options.

as has been discussed there is absolutely no "bad audio fidelity" on the cure pic discs. they actually are some of the best sounding records I own. i would imagine you are basing your perspective on pic disc stereotypes and not actually listening to these specific ones. so maybe don't do that, because it really does no service to anyone to make claims based on something you have never actually heard.

Edited by jrodan

16 minutes ago, jrodan said:

as has been discussed there is absolutely no "bad audio fidelity" on the cure pic discs. they actually are some of the best sounding records I own. i would imagine you are basing your perspective on pic disc stereotypes and not actually listening to these specific ones. so maybe don't do that, because it really does no service to anyone to make claims based on something you have never actually heard.

Maybe don't be this easily upset? Picture disc "stereotypes" exist for a very good reason. I happen to think picture discs are stupid despite the audio fidelity issue and I'm entitled to that opinion. K thnx baaaai!

4 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Maybe don't be this easily upset? Picture disc "stereotypes" exist for a very good reason. I happen to think picture discs are stupid despite the audio fidelity issue and I'm entitled to that opinion. K thnx baaaai!

lol, i was just refuting your false information. i know we live in a world now where saying blatantly untrue things doesn't seem to matter, but i am still having trouble dealing with that. so pardon me for wanting to clear up your FAKE NEWS haha.

p.s. that wasn't an opinion. you may not like pic discs (guess what, i do not usually either!) but in this case "bad audio fidelity" is not an issue. that is all. baiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

23 minutes ago, Oldmusicbidnessguy said:

Anyone get their Banquet orders yet?  I ordered on 5/3.  On 5/17 they reached out to me telling me 2 of my 3  were on hold and the third was expected any day now.   Order details show 2 items picked and 1 waiting an update.   

I ended up getting mine, without getting a shipping notification. They did say that they were behind because of 2500+ RSD orders. They said if you got order confirmation that they have reserved the item for you.

22 hours ago, underwaterzoo said:

I ended up getting mine, without getting a shipping notification. They did say that they were behind because of 2500+ RSD orders. They said if you got order confirmation that they have reserved the item for you.

Not exactly what they told me. I received confirmation then an email telling me they were way behind. I emailed and asked if they actually had my record in stock (bill evans trio) and they stated they were waiting on an additional shipment. Doubt I will see that record.

14 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Not exactly what they told me. I received confirmation then an email telling me they were way behind. I emailed and asked if they actually had my record in stock (bill evans trio) and they stated they were waiting on an additional shipment. Doubt I will see that record.

Well that's a bummer :/ Hopefully they end up being able to fulfill it for you!

On 2017-6-5 at 0:29 PM, jrodan said:

lol, i was just refuting your false information. i know we live in a world now where saying blatantly untrue things doesn't seem to matter, but i am still having trouble dealing with that. so pardon me for wanting to clear up your FAKE NEWS haha.

p.s. that wasn't an opinion. you may not like pic discs (guess what, i do not usually either!) but in this case "bad audio fidelity" is not an issue. that is all. baiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Yes, defending RSD picture discs is TOTALLY equivocal to Fake News. *eyeroll* #LondonBombing #GetAGrip

Edited by armadillo01

11 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Yes, defending RSD picture discs is TOTALLY equivocal to Fake News. *eyeroll* #LondonBombing #GetAGrip

I'm sorry for whatever happened to your brain. Be it a condition you were born with or a blow to your head. That is the only explanation for how you could miss the point so badly. Best of luck in the future. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure this is a major long shot, but does anyone know if the Aqua - Barbie Girl 7" is online still anywhere? If not, there are several on eBay and Discogs, but none shipping from the US. I haven't bought much internationally, but are there any countries I should avoid if buying internationally?

I'm not sure what you were expecting to pay, but I buy lots of records from Europe that arrive just fine.  You're talking about a little 7-inch single, I'm sure that will arrive fine.

I see it is available from Amazon UK ($25 shipped to USA) or Amazon Italy ($36 shipped to USA).  On Amazon.com USA I see that Movie Mars USA is offering it for $24 shipped (available on MovieMars' own website for a little less).

57 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

I'm not sure what you were expecting to pay, but I buy lots of records from Europe that arrive just fine.  You're talking about a little 7-inch single, I'm sure that will arrive fine.

I see it is available from Amazon UK ($25 shipped to USA) or Amazon Italy ($36 shipped to USA).  On Amazon.com USA I see that Movie Mars USA is offering it for $24 shipped (available on MovieMars' own website for a little less).

I'm fine paying those prices, it's more so that I've heard places like Italy are less than ideal to ship from so I didn't know if there were places I should avoid. I hadn't checked amazon yet, so thanks for that!

2 hours ago, underwaterzoo said:

I'm fine paying those prices, it's more so that I've heard places like Italy are less than ideal to ship from so I didn't know if there were places I should avoid. I hadn't checked amazon yet, so thanks for that!

I bought something from c200sc on eBay (from Greece) and it was fine. I notice they have one listed on discogs. 

10 hours ago, underwaterzoo said:

I would say your concerns about the Italian Postal service are valid.  I have run into several issues in the past with items going missing even when they are sent registered.  Germany is an amazing place to buy records from because the shipping is usual very cheap.  I have found that the most expensive (but reliable) postal services in Europe are The Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, France.  

7 hours ago, plucker said:

I would say your concerns about the Italian Postal service are valid.  I have run into several issues in the past with items going missing even when they are sent registered.  Germany is an amazing place to buy records from because the shipping is usual very cheap.  I have found that the most expensive (but reliable) postal services in Europe are The Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, France.  

Thanks for this! Funny enough, this item just got delivered yesterday, so I don't even need to get it elsewhere now. But good to know for future stuff.