One track on Vinyl is dissorted ?

Hi, Guys & Girls,

New to this forum so apologies if there is a topic that addresses this question somewhere.  I recently purchased the Very Best of Don Mclean for my partner, it all seems fine apart from the third track Castles in the Air.  For some reason, there is an oppressive sound over the track that sounds like a badly played keyboard/electronic fanfare.   It literally sounds like someone is randomly hitting keys while a nice track plays in the background.  This is rather irksome as the is her favourite track.  No other track seems to be affected, I have also played a Jimi Hendrix LP and that seems fine.  So that means it is not likely to be the actual record player that is at fault.  I have listened to another copy of this exact album and this sound is not present?   Is there anything I can do to rectify the problem?  

dansparky

5 minutes ago, ajhall04 said:

Simple solution. Due to your record player being only 33, you simple trim off 1/2 inch from your record. Problem solved. 

Woah. I had an issue with a record, and I just did this. I can't believe it worked. Thank you so much dude.

1 hour ago, dansparky said:

Forgot to add that the record itself states that it plays at 33 1/2 my record player on has 33ppm, 45 and so on.  I am not sure if this is a factor?  I can see how it would explain this and rest of record sounds ok.

I think you mean 33 1/3.

Is track 3 the innermost track on that side?

18 minutes ago, dansparky said:

yeah used, but its the only off track, all the way through.  By track for its ok again?  It does not sound like warping.

Say what? Try that again.

Could be dirty, or if it's a popular track could have been overplayed and all messed up, could be a defect.

Sorry, i will rephrase that I had to dash out.  It is a used record, it's the only distorted track on the record, the rest are fine.  It affects the whole of that track so it could be that it is overplayed.    I don't think it's due to warping?  most probably it has just been overplayed.  I would expect a scratchy sound though if it was this, rather than this bizarre loud keyboard sound?

4 hours ago, dansparky said:

Sorry, i will rephrase that I had to dash out.  It is a used record, it's the only distorted track on the record, the rest are fine.  It affects the whole of that track so it could be that it is overplayed.    I don't think it's due to warping?  most probably it has just been overplayed.  I would expect a scratchy sound though if it was this, rather than this bizarre loud keyboard sound?

Have you tried licking it?