Diskeeper 2.0 Inner Sleeves - Thoughts?

I've been using these sleeves exclusively for years. I have over 1000 records in them, and I've never noticed an issue.

I was speaking to my friend who works at Amoeba and he said that they're actually not great for your records. I read a thread on Steve hoffman that had conflicting reports of some people finding micro scratches on the sleeves from the material (albeit they don't affect sound) 

What are your experiences with them? I'm super paranoid now. 

31 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Dumb question: They wouldn't cause issues sitting on the shelf, right? They're more-so a "pull out and put in scratches" situation, yeah? Otherwise I have no idea how I'm going to replace 1000+ records with MoFis-_-

Correct.  You should be just fine as long as you never remove the records and just keep them on display for the cred, going forward.

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

My other contribution was going to be "Probably just one at a time."

Obviously it'd be quite a daunting task, but if you chiseled away at it, I think it'd be feasible.  Maybe do one cube of an Expedit / Kallax every weekend, or something.  Not ideal but MoFi is definitely the way to go.

yeah i started doing this recently when i bought my cleaner.  definitely expensive spending .30/.60 for each LP/2LP

I use disckeeper 2.0s on my old records (classic rock, old movie soundtracks, etc.) and audiophile inners for my new pressings (modern stuff). Couldn't be be bothered to change them to MoFi, and I've never heard of any issues with  disckeepers before this. Just take them out of the sleeves and replace them with care and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Honestly sounds like BS, those sleeves are fine. Never had issues with them scratching the records, just bought 300 more myself even cause I'm happy with them. Mofi inner or polylined sleeves are great, but they are more expensive and this is basically the same thing minus the paper part. The compound they use won't damage the records

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

To be fair, the only reason you're  at -16 and not -360 is because you joined right before they removed the option to downvote.

well i was at -360 at one point but worked my way up to being liked on this forum which is why i will soon being going into  positive reputation points.  and p.s. just because you cant downvote me, that doesn't mean you have to automatically upvote me.

4 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Honestly sounds like BS, those sleeves are fine. Never had issues with them scratching the records, just bought 300 more myself even cause I'm happy with them. Mofi inner or polylined sleeves are great, but they are more expensive and this is basically the same thing minus the paper part. The compound they use won't damage the records

All of mine are in Diskeepers, most rounded bottoms, stored outside the jacket with a 5 mil Mylar outer (splurged on these instead of inner Mo-Fi, as like Napalm said, this is the same material minus the paper). No issues at all re: scratches but they are not static free. Don't want to make a crude reference, but getting those lips separated on a new Diskeeper to get the record in there,... have to wet the fingers a tad ;)

I heard that the scratches from the Diskeeper sleeves come from the "c" that fell off the name and floats loosely in every inner sleeve.

I also heard that this is all hyper-vigilant over-thinking and that most likely people are just seeing their records in a different angle/light and seeing normal hairline marks that are already there.

Edited by richardsurf

Used the sleeves for hundreds of records.

Got a bad batch that scratched a handful of my new albums, a few out of print Grouper albums too.  Tons of hairline scratches that weren't there before.

Emailed the company and they admitted there was a bad batch.  Wouldn't do anything about it though.

Threw all the Diskeeper 2.0 away immediately.

edit - 

Scratches like this across both sides, on many albums:

jm9lUbx.jpg

Edited by elroy

I use diskeeper audiophile inner sleeves, which are the same things as the Mofi sleeves, and diskeeper outer sleeves. Never had any issues with their products. At the time I read about some issues with Mofi sleeves leaving residue on records on some Amazon reviews, so I went with the sleeve city versions and they have served me well. It's honestly probably just a few bad batches of each here and there, most record sleeves are probably just fine

Edited by Gippej

I'll second the DK Audiophile (and Double Audiophile) sleeves over the 2.0s. Have finally finished cleaning all the unsorted new/used titles and will now slowly be going through to replace my round-bottom 2.0s with new sleeves. I haven't had any problems so far with the round-bottoms, but I don't like that they can kinda slide around inside the jacket...or bunch up...but, yeah, there's not a whole lot of "antistatic" going on with those round-bottoms.

If you hold off until Sleeve City does one of their 15% or more off sales, they're decently cheaper than the MoFi. I do find them to be a bit stiffer than MoFi sleeves as well, which I consider a plus. Then again, I store my records between the jacket and outer; I don't try to stuff them back into the jacket.

Well, god damnit.

I just pulled out my RSD Deja Entendu to replace the Diskeeper sleeves, and lo' and behold, I noticed some microscratches on it under light. I've only spun this once and got it brand new, so it has to be the sleeve. Good thing ALMOST ALL MY RECORDS ARE IN THOSE SLEEVES.

I'm also reading that MoFi sleeves over the past few years have had similar issues

Is there any safe way to store disks these days?! God damnit. 

14 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Well, god damnit.

I just pulled out my RSD Deja Entendu to replace the Diskeeper sleeves, and lo' and behold, I noticed some microscratches on it under light. I've only spun this once and got it brand new, so it has to be the sleeve. Good thing ALMOST ALL MY RECORDS ARE IN THOSE SLEEVES.

I'm also reading that MoFi sleeves over the past few years have had similar issues

Is there any safe way to store disks these days?! God damnit. 

Are you sure it did not come from the factory like that?  I'm not saying it isn't the sleeves, but I've noticed surface marks and scratches on new records lots of times