Fall Out Boy - M A N I A

2 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Yeah I guess its shocking that folks have different tastes in music.

Carry on with your hate, maybe if enough people hate it they will have to downsize their concerts.

Fingers crossed for club shows again (because I know I won't get to see them in a bar ever again.)

"Different" is not the descriptor I'd use to measure tastes, here.

Honestly, man, if I were hyped on this single and enjoying new FOB in 2017, I'd probably opt to never open the music I purchase and instead sell it a week after it arrived on my doorstep, too.  I think I'm starting to understand the angle you work.

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

I actually liked the song. If you imagine you're listening to EDM, it kinda works. But if you're expecting pop punk I can see where it misses the mark

Went into it looking at it as an EDM so song and it was pretty good. Not enough to make me preorder it, but it's wasn't the atrocity everyone else made it seem.

Critics will say that they should stick to what they're good at and fans will say they are brave for taking a bold stance and trying something far outside of their comfort zone.)  Personally, I wouldn't want to eat at an ice cream shop that's trying its hand at making sushi, but that's just me.  I feel like since FUCT, they have gone to great lengths to reinvent themselves time and time again and it sort of comes across as them being totally lost.  For example, on IOH, they brought in Babyface to work on the album -- someone who had nothing in common with TTTYG or FUCT.  Brave or dumb?  They lost me then, but many people stuck around for IOH and FAD.  Now, I have no idea where they've landed and while it's cool that they want to venture out into uncharted territories or whatever, at some point it seems like they have no intention of keeping their second or third wave of fans, let alone their first.  If you liked FAD or AB/AP, you might have no interest in this album which seems like a strange strategy.  Counter to this, I look at and respect somebody like Taylor Swift who I think has towed the line and kept her old fans happy while having Kendrick Lamar on her album (which appeals to a totally different market segment) which, by the way, was a big departure from her Teardrops on my guitar days.    What do I know though :mellow:.  I'll still listen to TTTYG for another 10 years and when they release a Belgian post - crunkcore album in 2027, I'll still think back on the fun I had at their shows in 2004.