Space Jam RSD Flippers

Dude, insane.

I actually want a copy of this but it seems that literally everyone who bought this is flipping it.
One guy posted 10 copies at $49.99 and 3 already sold.
This is crazy, I can add this to the second most flipping I've ever seen....
the first one being Miami Hotline, one guy has sold like 73 or 74 copies at $105 if I remember correctly.

Blows my mind that people have paid $100 or even $50 for any copy.  To the folks excited about this, is it the mid-90s R&B or the nostalgia factor that make this so appealing?  Did this movie really mean that much to people?  Are there that many record collectors trying to fill in their R. Kelly, Seal, and Quad City DJs collections?  I guess I figured more people would be talking about the Blade Runner reissue than this. 

44 minutes ago, kisol said:

Blows my mind that people have paid $100 or even $50 for any copy.  To the folks excited about this, is it the mid-90s R&B or the nostalgia factor that make this so appealing?  Did this movie really mean that much to people?  Are there that many record collectors trying to fill in their R. Kelly, Seal, and Quad City DJs collections?  I guess I figured more people would be talking about the Blade Runner reissue than this. 

I loved Space Jam when I was like 8 or whatever. Loved the soundtrack too. As an adult I can say for certain that the movie fucking sucked and has no redeeming qualities. Not even the weird Bill Murray cameo.

This release isn't for record collectors. It's for people who share "only true 90s kids..." memes on facebook and buy those shitty tv soundtracks that Enjoy the Ride puts out.

56 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I loved Space Jam when I was like 8 or whatever. Loved the soundtrack too. As an adult I can say for certain that the movie fucking sucked and has no redeeming qualities. Not even the weird Bill Murray cameo.

This release isn't for record collectors. It's for people who share "only true 90s kids..." memes on facebook and buy those shitty tv soundtracks that Enjoy the Ride puts out.

You're so badass and different.

2 hours ago, kisol said:

I'm a film PhD. In one class that my colleagues TAed, around 2014 or 2015, the students voted for their favourite film to be screened and for there to be a lecture and reading about it. These 3rd-year students chose Space Jam. The prof, a bit of a snob, said no and there nearly was a riot. They got their way and there happens to be one half-decent academic article written about it. *emoji shrug*

The Blade Runner was a picture disc, so no dice for me. Plus finding the inferior New American Orchestra version in used bins is fairly ordinary so I'm not sure about the demand

I'd love a vinyl boxset of the 25th Anniversary 3CD some day but that might have to wait for the 40th anniversary of the film... Hopefully not the 50th.