Space Jam RSD Flippers

2 hours ago, billya said:

You're so badass and different.

Seriously, have you watched Space Jam as an adult?

I get the nostalgia people (including myself) feel towards it and the soundtrack. I probably wore out the cassette. I had posters and merch as a kid. But the movie is seriously just bad. There's no joy in it. It's not even a fun kind of bad.

I'm sure the soundtrack holds up way better than the film though.

41 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Seriously, have you watched Space Jam as an adult?

I get the nostalgia people (including myself) feel towards it and the soundtrack. I probably wore out the cassette. I had posters and merch as a kid. But the movie is seriously just bad. There's no joy in it. It's not even a fun kind of bad.

I'm sure the soundtrack holds up way better than the film though.

The movie is campy as hell, but bad? Nah... There's enough adult-geared humor that as an adult I can appreciate it.

16 hours ago, JorgeRodriguez689 said:

Dude, insane.

I actually want a copy of this but it seems that literally everyone who bought this is flipping it.
One guy posted 10 copies at $49.99 and 3 already sold.
This is crazy, I can add this to the second most flipping I've ever seen....
the first one being Miami Hotline, one guy has sold like 73 or 74 copies at $105 if I remember correctly.

I especially hate that Multiverse guy, he's about to pop his copy on eBay 

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

I love how Space Jam OST has become the most ideologically decisive RSD release of 2017. 

It really has. I miss when record store day didn't cater to these stupid meme releases that you just haaaaaaaaaave to have for tumblr street cred or whatever.

7 hours ago, ethereal said:

I love how OP has yet to reply to his own topic and issue(s) once making a thread

@JorgeRodriguez689 where ya at?!

homer1.gif

Sorry! LOL.

I have been reading the comments and enjoying the memes and comments.
To be honest I'd never pay the price they're going for, this would have been more of a nostalgic purchase.
I know it appears as whining but it's not the case.
I just thought it's crazy, I'm relatively new to vinyl.

I don't think I'd ever get a vinyl with R Kelly, so we're all on the same page on that one haha.
I do like the artwork however. I was 7 in 1996 when the movie came out and it was one of my favorite movies as a child.

Edited by JorgeRodriguez689

12 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I loved Space Jam when I was like 8 or whatever. Loved the soundtrack too. As an adult I can say for certain that the movie fucking sucked and has no redeeming qualities. Not even the weird Bill Murray cameo.

This release isn't for record collectors. It's for people who share "only true 90s kids..." memes on facebook and buy those shitty tv soundtracks that Enjoy the Ride puts out.

Making fun of Space Jam is like making fun of Creed, Nickelback, Mudvayne and some other bands....
It's fun to talk shit but at some point we must admit they were liked by a lot of people.

Yeah, watching Space Jam might be bad now if you were 7 or 8 back then but
I remember liking Chef Boyardee too, lol.

1 hour ago, JorgeRodriguez689 said:

Making fun of Space Jam is like making fun of Creed, Nickelback, Mudvayne and some other bands....
It's fun to talk shit but at some point we must admit they were liked by a lot of people.

No, no, and no.

All three of those bands legitimately sick, and people who still listen to them should be sterilized.

Edited by ChasHawk

1 hour ago, JorgeRodriguez689 said:

You won't go buy Chef Boyardee now though. That's the point.

1 hour ago, ChasHawk said:

No, no, and no.

All three of those bands legitimately sick, and people who still listen to them should be sterilized.

If they're listening to Creed, Nickelback and Mudvayne in 2017 I don't think you need to worry about them procreating.

8 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

If they're listening to Creed, Nickelback and Mudvayne in 2017 I don't think you need to worry about them procreating.

Mudvayne was a great band, I don't find them to be cringy like everyone else does but then again when I was 10 and began going to a private music school I started listening to a lot of Tool, Mudvayne, Dave Matthews and Creed (Mark Tremonti is a great guitarist regardless that everyone hates Scott and his vocals) before that I was listening to mainly pop and rap so that was my transition at a young age.

EDIT: I think people will talk about Mudvayne a bit more since they have released 2 albums on vinyl this year.