Space Jam RSD Flippers

3 minutes ago, Dunc said:

I was wondering if that was going to come off as creepy. I guess it did. I make that drive regularly and just want to pass it to someone that wants it. Personally, I would rather someone not have my home address and meet in person, but to each their own.

I take similar precautions, trust me.  If you've got a guy to hand it off, I've got a guy who can exchange currency of your choice.  I also know a guy who's completely neutral, and he's got a spare guy who can watch it down from a distance to make sure there's no funny business.

1 hour ago, Dunc said:

That's a bit of an exaggeration on distance but I make that drive everyday.

I get where you're coming from, and can understand the potential convenience for you, but I just found it interesting.  I also just plugged in the two cities / counties you mentioned in your post, and checked the miles between them. That's where the (loose) 160 came from.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I get where you're coming from, and can understand the potential convenience for you, but I just found it interesting.  I also just plugged in the two cities / counties you mentioned in your post, and checked the miles between them. That's where the (loose) 160 came from.

I drive from Modesto to Oakland. It really has less to do with laziness and more to do with getting ripped off. I have no fear of someone ripping me off face to face but I have been had on this site. Partially due to my trusting disposition and partially due to someone being a few states away from me sitting behind a computer.

On 5/2/2017 at 8:31 PM, unknown pleasures said:

It's like the Space Jam OST of Vinyl Collective threads. 

But does it have an equivalent to the Seal track? Because that shit was dope. It was no Kiss from a Rose, but still.

Seal was really killing it with those 90s soundtrack singles.

Like I seriously unironically love Kiss from a Rose. The Batman Forever soundtrack was fucking weird.

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

But does it have an equivalent to the Seal track? Because that shit was dope. It was no Kiss from a Rose, but still.

Seal was really killing it with those 90s soundtrack singles.

Like I seriously unironically love Kiss from a Rose. The Batman Forever soundtrack was fucking weird.

at this rate it'll be next year's RSD soundtrack release 

18 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Just hang out at a grocery store or something if you wanna hear Kiss from a Rose.

I work at a grocery store and the corporate playlist whatever changed recently. No more Kiss from a Rose.

But around Christmas I got to hear Love Will Tear Us Apart followed by Frosty the Snowman...so that was fun.  Plus, there's a few Smiths songs and that one Butthole Surfers song. 

Don't hate on Kiss from a Rose tho. I rid myself of Batman Forever nostalgia a long time ago (that movie was a god damn mess) but that song fucking rules.

Honestly they SHOULD press that soundtrack just so it can go in a museum. It's a perfect little 90s time capsule.

12 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I work at a grocery store and the corporate playlist whatever changed recently. No more Kiss from a Rose.

But around Christmas I got to hear Love Will Tear Us Apart followed by Frosty the Snowman...so that was fun.  Plus, there's a few Smiths songs and that one Butthole Surfers song. 

Don't hate on Kiss from a Rose tho. I rid myself of Batman Forever nostalgia a long time ago (that movie was a god damn mess) but that song fucking rules.

Honestly they SHOULD press that soundtrack just so it can go in a museum. It's a perfect little 90s time capsule.

I was gonna say just buy that Seal album...but it goes for ~$100 on discogs. :blink:

Batman Forever has an awesome soundtrack and I would buy it instantly if it was officially released. There is a promo 2LP version pressed but I can't seem to find a copy in good condition.

I also liked the movie, it was the first Batman movie I saw in the theatre when I was young and I still like it now.

Batman & Robin is the terrible Batman movie if we are ranking the Schumacher Batman films. 

I never got into Space Jam though. I loved the classic Looney Tunes and Bugs Bunny but I do not like updated Looney Tunes.

2 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

Batman Forever has an awesome soundtrack and I would buy it instantly if it was officially released. There is a promo 2LP version pressed but I can't seem to find a copy in good condition.

I also liked the movie, it was the first Batman movie I saw in the theatre when I was young and I still like it now.

Batman & Robin is the terrible Batman movie if we are ranking the Schumacher Batman films. 

I never got into Space Jam though. I loved the classic Looney Tunes and Bugs Bunny but I do not like updated Looney Tunes.

BF was the first Batman movie I saw in theaters too. I fucking LOVED it for a long time. Wore out the VHS and OST cassette. I could still watch it now, unlike Space Jam, but it really is a mess. All the different cinematic Batmans have good things about them (Burton, Schumacher, Nolan) but they're all pretty flawed. 

I do love the story where Jim Carrey approached Tommy Lee Jones at a restaurant either during or after production and TLJ just said something along the lines of "I don't like you." Grumpy Tommy Lee Jones is the best.

The soundtrack really is a weird 90s "thing" though. Brandy, The Offspring, SDRE, Flaming Lips, PJ Harvey, Nick Cave, Massive Attack, and Mazzy Star? Wut? Honestly, the amount I listened to that when I was like 8-9 probably helped shape my weird taste in music.

Yeah, I was basically an OST kid, I had the Lion King OST tape, Batman Forever OST CD, Mission: Impossible OST CD, Mortal Kombat OST CD, Moral Kombat: Annihilation OST CD among others. Those were my favorites though. 

With Batman Forever and Mission: Impossible I'm surprised I didn't turn out to be a U2 fan. 

12 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I picked up a copy at a record store a couple years ago for $5. I don't think I've ever spun it. 

On 4/30/2017 at 11:21 PM, unknown pleasures said:

If they're listening to Creed, Nickelback and Mudvayne in 2017 I don't think you need to worry about them procreating.

Seriously? Idk what part of the world or USA ur from....but in my area, those who ARE listening to those bands...are 100% procreating. And at a much larger rate then the rest of us who like good music lol