Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion v.2.0

• 1 month later...

If any Gifts From Enola fans here also with a tape deck, Zegema Beach Records from BC, Canada did a small run of their 4 full albums 2006-2013 on cassette. 

There were /25 swirl and /5 TP gone before I even got word, but /45 more 'regular' sets. I bought from bandcamp and paid $15 shipping, which also quickly sold out, but clicking around today, I found they still have some on their website for $32.50 + $6 shipping to US. 

Gifts From Enola - 2006 - 2013 4 CS boxset

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, seku said:

There is new track from ITTCT coming Feb 8th. I wasn't big fan of last record, maybe I didn't give it enough spins, but happy to see they are still around. Excited!

dude, you should really go back and revisit.  I didn't like it at first, but now, I think it may be their strongest effort.  The production is tremendous, and the songs are all so, so solid. 

I know it's impossible to compete with when you first heard Red Forest and ATEBTS but man, Bones is fucking killer. 

Maybe in a minority here, but I didn’t care for their last album at all.  I also kinda’ find Red Forest to land somewhere between “okay” and “decent” at best – I don’t think it holds a candle to the 2 albums before it. 🤷‍♂️

In more exciting news, anyone see those Caspian + ASIWYFA dates?  That’s a tight bill.

20 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Maybe in a minority here, but I didn’t care for their last album at all.  I also kinda’ find Red Forest to land somewhere between “okay” and “decent” at best – I don’t think it holds a candle to the 2 albums before it. 🤷‍♂️

In more exciting news, anyone see those Caspian + ASIWYFA dates?  That’s a tight bill.

Minority views are respected here lol, it's always a subjective, strawberry vs chocolate preference.

Yes, going to have to road trip to DC for Caspian + ASIWYFA (3 hrs + gnarliest traffic / parking) since they are skipping docile Richmond and squeaky clean Raleigh, going to Charlotte (5+ hrs) instead.

But DC has some mighty fine exotic cuisine offerings that we don't have here in the boonies.

Bones is solid but definitely my least fav of theirs.  Some songs just sounded unfinished imo & the bass drum sounds like a wet fart throughout.

Never forget the great “cover art debacle” lol.

Above the Earth can’t be topped though.

I dig the new single although it’s a very paint by numbers ITTCT song.  

On 2/12/2024 at 4:53 PM, mrewest said:

Bones is solid but definitely my least fav of theirs.  Some songs just sounded unfinished imo & the bass drum sounds like a wet fart throughout.

Never forget the great “cover art debacle” lol.

Above the Earth can’t be topped though.

I dig the new single although it’s a very paint by numbers ITTCT song.  

i actually like that drum sound haha but i know what you mean. 

Its probably when I got into them, but ATE is my least-listened-to album of theirs.  The songs are great, but i'm not a fan of the production.  I do remember that cover art drama tho lol.  Man.  It's been a long time. 

I also agree that the new song is 100% by-the-book ITTCT.  Which is totally okay with me! 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:19 PM, Derek™ said:

Wow, I didn't think there was anyone who doesn't absolutely love Red Forest!  Of course it's you tho haha.  ❤️

• 1 month later...