PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

You're like fucking Batman up in here. Once it's only missing avatar newbies I think you should hang up the cowl

I'm what this forum deserves, but not what it needs.

FatBeats is sold out.

1 minute ago, merlecakes said:

Is $40-$45 the average price on the blue?  I keep missing out (but have a fatbeats in my cart!)

I hope you checked out in time.

Cheapest has been Amoeba w/code ($36 shipped). Highest was like $58ppd from the UK. Average around $40-45.

Edited by lethalenforcer

Here are my overall thoughts on this:

• I sort of wish they opened the vaults more for this release. When the rumors about a deluxe OK Computer started making rounds, I fantasized about a Pet Sounds Sessions-esque release — Original album, new mix, instrumentals, acapella tracks, demos, b-sides, etc. All that’s new here is the remastering (which I doubt will be that significant) and the 3 unreleased tracks.
  • While this new set includes the 8 studio b-sides, there are four b-sides missing that were on some of the CD singles. Two live tracks from No Surprises, and two remixes from Karma Police. I think the band are going for an “OK Computer Pt. 2” type release, which would make sense why they wouldn’t want to include those.
  • The 3LP set is a pretty good value for $40, but the deluxe box set is not worth $100 more, in my opinion. Is a box, a cassette, a book, and more artwork really worth $100? We’ll see. This is the most expensive deluxe set Radiohead’s ever put out, so quite a high bar has been set.
  • The wording regarding the remastering is really odd on the website: “all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes*  *But why? The original analogue tapes are the highest definition version of the record, and nothing will ever beat them. However in the 20 years since the original release mastering technology has improved a lot, and with new equipment and techniques we can make a digital version that's an improvement of the original transfer.” So are they saying they’re digitally remastered? It sounds like they forgot to say “all newly digitally remastered” in the first part. 
  • Regardless, my Parlophone pressing of OK Computer and all of its 12” singles (plus the 7” of Paranoid Android) sound AMAZING. I highly doubt that this release will compare in terms of quality, but I hope it does. Pressing quality is a concern considering what happened with A Moon Shaped Pool. 
  • I was hoping for a complete b-sides box set at some point. With this existing, I don’t see that happening (until maybe 20 years from now!). Now I’ll just hope for boxes of the remaining albums, but they’ve already skipped Pablo Honey and The Bends, so… maybe not?
  • Finally, they need to reissue the promo floppy disk:

Radiohead_OK_Computer_Floppy_Disk_Disc.j

24 minutes ago, Reza said:

Not sure what is happening here: https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Pre-Order-Now/Ok-Computer-OKNOTOK-1997-2017-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl/5IQ30EKL000

It is still available for grabs. I ordered one, I have a confirmation number and a confirmation email. Are these guys reliable? Or my money is a goner?

Thank you so much. I will wait until it is confirmed, that they can sell the blue Vinyl and then I will cancel at resident music.

OK seriously though, every store gets sold out in minutes, these guys are still going at it: https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Pre-Order-Now/Ok-Computer-OKNOTOK-1997-2017-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl/5IQ30EKL000

This is what worries me! Should I grab another copy from another store? Gee, I'm not even sure why I am so hyped up about this! LOL

Just now, Reza said:

OK seriously though, every store gets sold out in minutes, these guys are still going at it: https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/Pre-Order-Now/Ok-Computer-OKNOTOK-1997-2017-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl/5IQ30EKL000

This is what worries me! Should I grab another copy from another store? Gee, I'm not even sure why I am so hyped up about this! LOL

Yeah smells fishy. I always worry about releases like this overselling. Probably why Amoeba only listed 15 or so.

3 minutes ago, Reza said:

i did. my first order was placed with blue moose hours ago, and i still havent got a confirmation email. so when amoeba posted it i jumped at it and got a copy just to be safe.

i have a feeling my BM order might not get filled because a minute after i placed my order they closed the pre-order.

Edited by noeling

10 minutes ago, Reza said:

It is blue says their twitter!

https://twitter.com/recordstore/status/859416125603446784

Edited by Recon

3 minutes ago, Reza said:

Na it's all good! I am just super surprised why they are not running out! 

Resident music also was not running out so fast compared to other stores.  I see you already commented on the tweet. Let's wait and hope...

4 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

What time is it?

Oh, that's right. Time to go through and report each and every eBay listing of the blue version. Preselling asshats.

That's so ridiculous... 80-170 USD + shipping...

Edited by Recon