PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

5 minutes ago, Reza said:

Honestly it's frustrating because they don't give a hoot either! No answers on their Facebook or Twitter. I would at least address couple of concerns. It's a lot of money you know. I'm not loaded to go about and forget about the $75 that went out of my account straight into their pocket. The money that was never planned to get spent. 

If they're clever they'll leave it a week and earn interest on it...

Obviously the value of the boxset is going to be subjective and in the eye of the beholder, but to me, these "deluxe" / book editions of their records (IR, AMSP) are where the magic happens.  Having plenty of eye-candy to leaf over and comb through while listening to the album just enriches the experience in my opinion, and really helps to immersify you in an album through means that aren't available in standard versions.  If you want to look at it as $100 extra for a coffee book and some liner notes, that's fine.  But I legitimately love that hardcover shit and often lust about some of my favorite albums from other artists receiving the same treatment.  To me, that's way more important than an extra LP or two of live versions, acoustic recordings, instrumentals, or remixes.

Edited by Derek™

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Obviously the value of the boxset is going to be subjective and in the eye of the beholder, but to me, these "deluxe" / book editions of their records (IR, AMSP) are where the magic happens.  Having plenty of eye-candy to lead over and comb through while listening to the album just enriches the experience in my opinion, and really helps to immersify you in an album through means that aren't available in standard versions.  If you want to look at it as $100 extra for a coffee book and some liner notes, that's fine.  But I legitimately love that hardcover shit and often lust about some of my favorite albums from other artists receiving the same treatment.  To me, that's way more important than an extra LP or two of live versions, acoustic recordings, instrumentals, or remixes.

Or a limited and color variant?

I feel like most people are completely glossing over how gorgeous that special edition is because there's a limited blue variant out there.  And don't get me wrong, I ordered both.  But I am legitimately excited to get that special edition. I love my AMSP and I would love to one day get my hands on IR for a decent price. This is a wonderful addition to those, and like you, I love flipping through that stuff when listening. I do it quite often with AMSP.

1 minute ago, The Saint said:

I feel like most people are completely glossing over how gorgeous that special edition is because there's a limited blue variant out there.  And don't get me wrong, I ordered both.  But I am legitimately excited to get that special edition. I love my AMSP and I would love to one day get my hands on IR for a decent price. This is a wonderful addition to those, and like you, I love flipping through that stuff when listening. I do it quite often with AMSP.

Oh yeah, there's no way I'd try to convince VC that additional content + bells + whistles take priority over limited color vinyl.  Maybe if the box was limited and not being made per orders, it'd have a little more urgency associated with it. I'm really eager to see it in person.  As it's been stated, it's raised the bar for the cost of any deluxe set they've released so far... but I have ever reason to believe it'll be raising the bar on quality, too.

3 minutes ago, The Saint said:

I'd most definitely get the box set if I had the money in my budget for it, this record is an all-time favorite of mine. Currently "settling" for a blue but may still get the box later down the line. I just got my tax refund, so that's a good start to putting a little money away.

Just got this message from Recordstore.co.uk on Facebook after asking if my preorder will be fulfilled or not. So, as you already said there will probably be cancellations.  I don't think they had the intention to get more users on their website, but they should implement a tool to count all preorders in order to prevent this...

Hello Jan, I'll be able to confirm in the morning, this release has gone out of control, so I'll be able to confirm one way or another soon.

Edited by Recon

1 minute ago, Recon said:

Just got this message from Recordstore.co.uk after asking if my preorder will be fulfilled. So, as you already said there will probably be cancellations.  I don't think they had the intention to get more users on their website, but they should implement a tool to count all preorders.

I knew it! Their website does not make sense at all! Glad they got back to you at least. Pretty sure they will cancel a huge amount of orders.

Thanks for the update. 

I think I'll end up going for the boxset. It's a lot, but it saves me from variant hunting a blue edition and I want to ensure I'm net-complete if they are going to keep putting these out for every release. 

Now I'm trying to figure out if I just order from WASTE or hope they make it to a store, knowing they very well may not. 

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

Seeing how long it's been up... has to be TONS. I feel bad for the poor people that missed out on other PO's thinking that their copy was secured through them. Shitty.

And EVERYTHING will funnel towards them now that theirs is the only one open. In 6 hours they'll have hundreds and hundreds more orders...

Amoeba just said that they're unlikely to have any more copies of the blue up for PO. Which is crazy to me, considering they only sold 10-15 in the first place. If their allotment is that limited, oye, Recordstore is going to be canceling hundreds and hundreds.

Since the moment Boomkat sold out this morning it's essentially been:

Anchorman3.gif

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

They actually said out of control. I wonder how many orders they'll have by the morning...

I am a web designer, sometimes I change details like this at 4 in the morning. I don't understand why they can't remove the button! I am seeing people on social media, Facebook, Instagram, still putting in orders on their website. This is stupid, all they have to do is go to their back end and stop that button's action. 

Hard to believe they are not intentionally keeping it up!

11 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

That blows, but totally expected. They need to make some changes to their cart.

It's not hard, either. Any shopping cart worth anything has a simple box where they can enter a quantity available, or if that somehow isn't an option they can simply delete or disable the individual product(s).

I think I'm going to sleep on it, but the more I think about the deluxe, the more I want need it. I already have a BM Preorder for the Indie Blue, which I doubt will end up getting cancelled since I was one of the first orders, but I'm not sure if I want to take the plunge for $143 shipped. Granted, it is probably one of the best albums ever recorded... though my wallet still hurts from RSD, and not to mention, I drunkenly ordered a handful of records a couple days ago, so I should probably chill.... Then again, that box looks sexy as fuck.