PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

1 hour ago, Reza said:

OK here is another f-up if you think you got it right! Amoeba just contacted me and said that I have ordered the black vinyl! Here is what they said after I asked for a double check with my order number: 

I'm sorry, but the variant you ordered is the black vinyl.  The reason you're not seeing the blue vinyl on our website is that it is a very limited edition, so we sold through our allotment very quickly.  There is a small chance that we'll get more blue copies in the future, but unfortunately no guarantee.

I'm so sorry for the disappointment, Reza. Please let me know if you would prefer to cancel your order for the black vinyl.

I swear to god I bought the blue vinyl, through the link here, but apparently they want to keep it for their own precious customers. In their email invoice there is no mention of the colour so they can get away with it easy! So if you think your order is safe with Amoeba, think again! 

So basically 2 x $70 down the drain with no results. This is the end of it for me folks, f up and f up with these "indie record stores"

@PookdaddyG I really do appreciate it if you contact me when you recieve your blue set.

My Amoeba order confirmation says Indie Exclusive but doesn't mention blue. Did yours say that? 

So I put an end to Amoeba dilemma and asked for a refund. Here's what they said: 

I checked again, and unfortunately I'm only seeing your order for the black vinyl (invoice below).  The listing for the blue vinyl says [Indie Exclusive] in the title.
Per your request, I have cancelled your order and issued a full refund to your PayPal account. Your funds should be available within 24 hours.
I'm sorry for the disappointment.  Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Got my money back into PayPal, at least that went fast. So if any of you folks had bought through Amoeba, and don't see that "Indie Exclusive" in your subject line, chances are you are going to get a black vinyl. 

5 minutes ago, eightandahalf said:

Wondering the same thing.  Does anyone have previous experience purchasing from them?

That's why I'm hesitating! I already have one ready to checkout, but cant see myself to click on that Pay now button!

They've got positive reviews just to be fair! But again somebody this morning told me recordstore.co.uk is solid so is Aomeba but they both fffed up!

5 minutes ago, Reza said:

That's why I'm hesitating! I already have one ready to checkout, but cant see myself to click on that Pay now button!

They've got positive reviews just to be fair! But again somebody this morning told me recordstore.co.uk is solid so is Aomeba but they both fffed up!

Made this for you.

3nwqX82.png

2 minutes ago, frutiger75 said:

about 10% higher on eBay to cover selling fees. 

reasonable. 

That's not the part I find strange.  It's odd they are selling so many on eBay and they have them for sale in their webstore.  This tiny shop seems to have hit the motherload.  I might email them just to make sure they haven't oversold. 

1 minute ago, BrainGilliams said:

That's not the part I find strange.  It's odd they are selling so many on eBay and they have them for sale in their webstore.  This tiny shop seems to have hit the motherload.  I might email them just to make sure they haven't oversold. 

If you do, please let us know what they say.  I snagged one from them earlier, but now I'm a bit leery...