PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

31 minutes ago, eightandahalf said:

If you do, please let us know what they say.  I snagged one from them earlier, but now I'm a bit leery...

Oh geez....

"We're hoping we didn't oversell as well and will not be offering any more until we've secured these copies with our distros. The record was only solicited to us late this afternoon and we have already placed orders for more copies than have been offered on eBay or through our web store. I'll be calling our distributors first thing in the morning to secure as many as possible. If it is oversold, we will honor sales in the order they were received with the latest orders being refunded. Thanks!"

-Gabriel Spectre Records

3 minutes ago, tug said:

so 3 unreleased tracks and 8 b-sides?  this album had 8 b-sides? that is a lot of b-sides from 1 album, are they are from the ok pc recording session?  is the 3 unreleased songs b-sides too?  making 11 b-sides?

Shut the fuck up tug

1 minute ago, tug said:

so 3 unreleased tracks and 8 b-sides?  this album had 8 b-sides? that is a lot of b-sides from 1 album, are they are from the ok pc recording session?  is the 3 unreleased songs b-sides too?  making 11 b-sides?

That's the typical Radiohead way (which is why the very brief TKOL was so confusing and why many believed there'd be a follow up). Like how when they were recording KID A they had enough material to release Amnesiac soon after.

The OKC b-sides as an album is more solid than Amnesiac IMO.

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Shut the fuck up tug

This too.

5 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

Oh geez....

"We're hoping we didn't oversell as well and will not be offering any more until we've secured these copies with our distros. The record was only solicited to us late this afternoon and we have already placed orders for more copies than have been offered on eBay or through our web store. I'll be calling our distributors first thing in the morning to secure as many as possible. If it is oversold, we will honor sales in the order they were received with the latest orders being refunded. Thanks!"

-Gabriel Spectre Records

You've gotta be sh*tting me.  I'm gonna end up 0-2 here...  The hunt continues.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

That's the typical Radiohead way (which is why the very brief TKOL was so confusing and why many believed there'd be a follow up). Like how when they were recording KID A they had enough material to release Amnesiac soon after.

The OKC b-sides as an album is more solid than Amnesiac IMO.

ok i did not know radiohead rolled like that.  so i assume you mean the 3 unreleased songs were recorded in 1997 and just held in the vault for the last 20 years?

3 minutes ago, merlecakes said:

You've gotta be sh*tting me.  I'm gonna end up 0-2 here...  The hunt continues.

I know...this just feels like they're lining me up to be let down.  I don't know what the hell they were thinking.  Is that normal process for a record store?  Don't they normally put preorders up once they have an idea of the amount they'll receive from the distributor?

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Amnesiac has 8 B-sides too plus more than likely a few other songs written in the same era. There are 7 left. Between AMSP and this they've released 10 studio recordings of old songs in the last year.

Which ones am I missing? Man O' War, Lift, I Promise.

True Love Waits from AMSP.

Spectre as a free download.

Burn The Witch was an old song, right? But I'm still missing 4.

Edited by filthyrich

3 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

I know...this just feels like they're lining me up to be let down.  I don't know what the hell they were thinking.  Is that normal process for a record store?  Don't they normally put preorders up once they have an idea of the amount they'll receive from the distributor?

Let Down. Nice play on words ;)

7 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

Which ones am I missing? Man O' War, Lift, I Promise.

True Love Waits from AMSP.

Spectre as a free download.

Burn The Witch was an old song, right? But I'm still missing 4.

I wasn't including Spectre. Burn the Witch, Ful Stop, Identikit, Present Tense, and True Love Waits are all old. Desert Island Disk and The Numbers (Silent Spring) were newer but still homeless. Then Man O' War (Big Boots), Lift, and I Promise.

5 hours ago, dollarsandcents said:

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I've had a couple of orders from The Record Store cancelled in the past - I don't remember what, but I'm pretty sure they were nowhere near as sought after as this will be. Hopefully ordered as a last resort but I'm not confident these will be honoured. I hope I'm wrong!

Ditto. I'm currently waiting on items they had in their 'sale' section which I think they realised they've underpriced badly, and am getting on response from them when asking what's taking so long.

I managed to secure a copy of OKNOTOK blue earlier, thanks to a friend sending me a link, after having ordered a black vinyl copy from waste, who cancelled my order as soon as I asked them to. 

Oh, and the copies that have sold on eBay so far...four have been by one seller. 

42 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

Oh geez....

-Gabriel Spectre Records

Everyone went nuts with this shit