PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

I hope you're right and that this is readily available for everyone on release day.  There would be plenty to go around, and several members would hopefully exile themselves in embarrassment for devoting 90% of their post count to stressing over canceled orders and the reliability of various webstores.

Basically, everyone would win.

Given one is a new album, and this is just a 20th anniversary pressing, I would of assumed the demand for AMSP would be higher (just guessing...). Won't be surprised if this sees its way to Amazon as well. It's not a 'cheap' pressing...

Hope the reason for scarcity on the web is that a ton of indie stores will actually be getting the majority of these to sell.

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah, I think people are sweating over this thing, and it wont be an issue if you show up to your local on release day.

I wouldn't say it won't be an issue for everyone as I'm sure there will inevitably be a few people that can't easily get it, but yes, I agree. If my local, which usually doesn't do holds for hard to get limited releases, told me he'll have no problem getting me one, it can be that bad.

Good luck to everyone.

oh no doubt some will have difficulty. And those w/o a store may find it even harder. I'm just saying the hand wringing at this point is silly. People need to wait until all 7000 copies are out there in the world before fretting.

Edited by timsimmons

I don't want to read through 35+ pages on OK Computer, but I do want to help. 

Not sure if this link has been posted already but...

http://www.drasticplasticonline.com/Radiohead-OK-Computer-OKNOTOK-1997-2017-Indie-Exclusive-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl-3x-180-Gram-Virgin-Vinyl-Pre-Order-Street-Date-6232017_p_5892.html

6 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I don't want to read through 35+ pages on OK Computer, but I do want to help. 

Not sure if this link has been posted already but...

http://www.drasticplasticonline.com/Radiohead-OK-Computer-OKNOTOK-1997-2017-Indie-Exclusive-Opaque-Blue-Vinyl-3x-180-Gram-Virgin-Vinyl-Pre-Order-Street-Date-6232017_p_5892.html

You rock! Here goes nothing...

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

oh no doubt some will have difficulty. And those w/o a store may find it even harder. I'm just saying the hand wringing at this point is silly. People need to wait until all 7000 copies are out there in the world before fretting.

Yes I'm prolly checking my local when it gets released into the wide open

Has this site been posted yet?  http://vvinyl.com/shop/radiohead-preorder-oknotok-blue-preok

Says in stock, but I don't know much about this store

[Edit:  page has been removed.  I put an order in before that, might get refunded or my order was the last.  doesn't matter to me.  I spent too much this month... might just keep my amazon japan order open for now]

Edited by aekastar

9 hours ago, aekastar said:

Has this site been posted yet?  http://vvinyl.com/shop/radiohead-preorder-oknotok-blue-preok

[Edit:  page has been removed.  I put an order in before that, might get refunded or my order was the last.  doesn't matter to me.  I spent too much this month... might just keep my amazon japan order open for now]

I shop there and they are legit but I know there online system isn't that up to date with store inventory.  Let me know if this gets refunded or goes through !

5 hours ago, nycmale said:

I shop there and they are legit but I know there online system isn't that up to date with store inventory.  Let me know if this gets refunded or goes through !

Nothing happened yet, but thanks for letting me know about the store; did a little googling after but good to know about their online shop :)

17 hours ago, aekastar said:

Thank you, I got an order in before it was taken down and just got an email saying it is in "Processing" hoping to finally have an order pull through.

On 05/05/2017 at 4:14 AM, jsusi said:

Really?  I received this email:

Hi there,
The wholesale informed us that they won't be getting copies of that blue vinyl, it's been sold out beforehand unfortunately. Would you like to choose the black one instead or should we cancel your order? Sorry for this mess!

Yours,
Timo, X

Moi,
Tukkuri ilmoitti ettei saa toimitettua tuota sinistä vinyyliä yhtään kappaletta meille, se on myyty lafkalta loppuun ennakkoon. Haluatko valita mustan vinyylin tilalle vai perummeko sen tilauksestasi? Pahoittelut tästä säätämisestä!

t: Timppa, ÄX

The text in Finnish says that they didn't get any copies of the blue version.

How long after your order did you receive this message? @jsusi

Cuz I have not received a cancellation on order. And my PayPal account shows that they have taken payment.

22 hours ago, VinylMario said:

How long after your order did you receive this message? @jsusi

Cuz I have not received a cancellation on order. And my PayPal account shows that they have taken payment.

Ordered on wednesday, email arrived on friday. Please let me know if you really receive this, I'm going to give them some feedback if they bullshit me.

12 hours ago, Sunshine said:

That'll show 'em

I don't have to show them anything, I just tell them that I don't appreciate if they lie to me. I frequently visit their stores and I feel as a customer it's good to give feedback to businessess to help them improve their services.

I honestly hope people who preordered from X can get their blue OKC's. Perhaps my order was too late, that's ok with me.

Hello,

This email is in regards to your order for the Radiohead OK COMPUTER OKNOTOK (1997-2017) “indie exclusive” blue vinyl LP. 

Due to a substantial change in the number of copies that will be made available to our distributor, a change which, unfortunately, occurred after we had closed pre-orders, the possibility that we may not get enough copies to cover pre-orders seem likely.  Until we get an actual number, we can’t be sure how many, if any, orders must be cancelled.

Please know that we will continue to advocate heavily on behalf of you and your order with our distributor.  We will also continue to explore other avenues of securing product. Once we have our final number we will let everyone know immediately what is happening. I know this offers little consolation to those whose orders may be cut but we are, sincerely, sorry if that ends up happening. 

Ian/Bull Moose

:(