PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

1 hour ago, rooks said:

My local shop sends out a weekly email and they also mentioned the date was pushed back - but added that it was pushed back "due to overwhelming demand so more copies could be pressed" take that for what you will... more blue copies?

That's what I've expected to happen all along, and my assumption is that the sticker confirms it. If it truly was limited to... 3000? 6000? Sorry, I can't remember... the sticker would probably be more specific rather than just stating "Limited Edition."

5 minutes ago, jonnywreck said:

That's what I've expected to happen all along, and my assumption is that the sticker confirms it. If it truly was limited to... 3000? 6000? Sorry, I can't remember... the sticker would probably be more specific rather than just stating "Limited Edition."

There's a picture of the sticker on Discogs

R-10229846-1497969506-6765.jpeg.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mert100 said:

I think there will be an abundance of these as some people were saying. There are so many on discogs and every record store in Toronto has a bunch of blue copies. Too bad for the flippers. 

Hope you're right and that we can dismiss the fact 43 of this thread's 45 pages are people scrambling to order copies when they sprout up.

53 minutes ago, Mert100 said:

I think there will be an abundance of these as some people were saying.

Not over in Europe there won't. I strongly suspect if they aren't all gone already, they will be in 24 hours time.

I was in the big city buying a bed (and no, I did not say mattress to Mr. Lambert) and I dropped into two of the three stores in the city. At midday, they had zero (and never got any) and one (having sold the handful they received). The third store tweeted a picture of a copy and I suspect that means they now have zero.  The store in the town I live in also got zero.

The cheapest UK copy on Discogs is a 40% markup on the price I paid. Halo 2 is selling two at a much larger markup.

Halo is probably still frequenting this thread, and thus should be reminded that literally no one in his life will ever respect him as a human being.

For being abundant / limited / however you'd like to treat that "7,000" figure, it sure seems like more people would like to have access to copies. There definitely is a demand at the moment – anytime a distro posts that they have more copies available, they make it a point to urge potential buyers to act quickly.  I'm not doubting that more can be pressed down the road, but even at 7,000 (allegedly), they seem to be sought after enough to warrant that "Limited Edition" tag on the hype sticker.

Who else is still (or more) hyped on that deluxe box set?  On the subject of it, do you think that they'll have one uniform press, like the AMSP deluxe edition?  Or do you foresee separate plant pressings for UK vs. US?

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Halo is probably still frequenting this thread, and thus should be reminded that literally no one in his life will ever respect him as a human being.

For being abundant / limited / however you'd like to treat that "7,000" figure, it sure seems like more people would like to have access to copies. There definitely is a demand at the moment – anytime a distro posts that they have more copies available, they make it a point to urge potential buyers to act quickly.  I'm not doubting that more can be pressed down the road, but even at 7,000 (allegedly), they seem to be sought after enough to warrant that "Limited Edition" tag on the hype sticker.

Who else is still (or more) hyped on that deluxe box set?  On the subject of it, do you think that they'll have one uniform press, like the AMSP deluxe edition?  Or do you foresee separate plant pressings for UK vs. US?

I bet against the odds and ordered from UK sources for both the blue and the box just in case.

I'm guessing there's a EU pressing and a US pressing. 

Here is the cassette tracklisting in case anyone was wondering (Record collector magazine posted a review and broke down the tape).

SIDE A:
01: Miscellaneous studio noise snippets (7 minutes)
02: Let Down (alt version - acoustic guitars, double tracked vocals)
03: NEW SONG
04: Miscellaneous studio noise snippets
05: Motion Picture Soundtrack (early version - piano and vocal)
06: A reading (Climbing Up The Walls lyrics - read by a young girl)
07: Karma Police (studio session, work on the chorus)
08: A reading (Short story - read by 'Fitter Happier' voice)
09: No Surprises (acoustic, alternative lyrics)
10: Talk Show Host (alt version - stripped back, alternative lyrics)

SIDE B:
01: Climbing Up The Walls (early version)
02: Paranoid Android (Development - rough demos/soundboard recordings of various sections)
03: Airbag (alt version - early lyrics, bare bones)
04: Big Ideas/Nude (early version)
05: The National Anthem (early version)