PO: Radiohead - OK Computer - oknotok

Box set showed up today. This thing is stunning. I managed to fit the records into the box still in their paper sleeves. I wasn't able to do that with my AMSP box. It makes things a little wonky, but gives some extra protection to the records. I'm excited to give this a spin and see how it compares to my blue pressing, although I've only listened to Side E on the blue pressing so far. Listened to it about 20 times, that is. Having official recordings of "Lift" and "Man of War" on vinyl is all that I need. 

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Card in the box set. Waste can't be fussed to send anything via email, shipping notices included.

It is so annoying that they never sent a shipping confirmation for something that I paid $140 for.

They did send me a download email for the 2CD version on June 23th at 12:01 am UK time though, but never one for the cassette.

Thankfully I received my boxset yesterday.

I got my boxed edition in Vancouver yesterday, so that covers both sides of Canada.

22 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Just got my box set here in Toronto, so Canadians should be getting theirs any day now.

I ordered from the UK store to ensure I got vinyl made in the EU, but the order still shipped from the US. The center labels indicate they were made in the EU, so perhaps all the boxed edition vinyl were sourced from the same European pressing plant.

50 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Box set arrived today. An incredible package. Could be my favorite piece in my collection. How is everyone storing their box? Like the rest on your shelf? Anyone laying theirs down flat (which I know is usually always a bad idea)? 

For whatever reason, I strongly suspect that it'd be fine to lay this boxset down... so long as you're not laying it on top of other records.  (Unless you're trying to flatten them out.  In which case it's probably a very decent choice.)

Just now, Derek™ said:

For whatever reason, I strongly suspect that it'd be fine to lay this boxset down... so long as you're not laying it on top of other records.  (Unless you're trying to flatten them out.  In which case it's probably a very decent choice.)

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Mine is laying down flat at the moment because it's actually the best place for it right now with my set up. 

Just now, ejc625 said:

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Mine is laying down flat at the moment because it's actually the best place for it right now with my set up. 

I'm still waiting on my deluxe to show up, but based off of what I've seen, each record has "page" / sleeve in the book just like AMSP, right?  I think the general idea behind avoiding horizontal stacking is because it'd eventually wear and contort your records and jackets if you stacked something like 40 double LPs on top of one another.  But in a "book" where everything has its own space and room to breathe?  I feel like that'd be just fine.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'm still waiting on my deluxe to show up, but based off of what I've seen, each record has "page" / sleeve in the book just like AMSP, right?  I think the general idea behind avoiding horizontal stacking is because it'd eventually wear and contort your records and jackets if you stacked something like 40 double LPs on top of one another.  But in a "book" where everything has its own space and room to breathe?  I feel like that'd be just fine.

Yeah it's just like that, but I think the individual pages and sleeves are even thicker to support the 3xLP. 

2 hours ago, EquinoxDesignLab said:

Finally picked up a copy today. Record A/B is black, while the remaining two records are blue. Deadwax etchings are kinda confusing as each record for example says A2 one side, B2 the other. Shouldnt it be A1 and B2? Spinning now to make sure I didnt get any dupe sides.

No. The A, B,  etc signify the side. The 1,2 etc signify the cut. Optimal got the first cut, and the US pressing plant got the second (identical) cut. Except side E has 3 and 4. Probably because cuts 1 and 2 weren't acceptable for some reason.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Still waiting too and get very disappointed every day when my postal worker doesn't have it, haha.  They're taking their sweet time getting to our coast!

So due to some miscommunication – and also in part to living as far as humanly possible from Bull Moose – it looks like my spare blue copy is still up for grabs if anyone wants it.  It showed up yesterday, finally, and the folks who initially PM'd me were all able to track down copies in the time it took to arrive.  I've still left the box sealed in case no one is interested, and I end up having to return it.  But I'd rather eat a dollar or two and just sell it now, instead of shipping it out and waiting a week and a half for a refund.  So $40 PPD.  That's pretty comparable to $35 + shipping on Discogs, or $37 and sales tax in store.

5 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Still waiting too and get very disappointed every day when my postal worker doesn't have it, haha.  They're taking their sweet time getting to our coast!

Story of my week.  I'm glad someone else can relate to the struggle... maybe one of us will luck out on Monday.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

So due to some miscommunication – and also in part to living as far as humanly possible from Bull Moose – it looks like my spare blue copy is still up for grabs if anyone wants it.  It showed up yesterday, finally, and the folks who initially PM'd me were all able to track down copies in the time it took to arrive.  I've still left the box sealed in case no one is interested, and I end up having to return it.  But I'd rather eat a dollar or two and just sell it now, instead of shipping it out and waiting a week and a half for a refund.  So $40 PPD.  That's pretty comparable to $35 + shipping on Discogs, or $37 and sales tax in store.

Story of my week.  I'm glad someone else can relate to the struggle... maybe one of us will luck out on Monday.

https://media.giphy.com/media/opt1ronWlJhXa/giphy.gif

Edited by twatay

13 minutes ago, twatay said:

I'm going to completely ignore the fact that you somehow managed to fail to post an image in the thread, and instead entertain the reasoning.  I get that you're trying to be cheeky by reusing my reaction gif from the last page – and seriously, why not just quote as a response? – but you've lost me on the rationality behind it.  That's a "yikes" gif, reserved for situations that warrant a yikes response.  Are my prices way off-base?  Because I have a receipt showing that I paid $39 and change from Bull Moose – like I said, I'm actually losing a few bucks on this offer.  Are you dumfounded that it takes a week+ for Bull Moose (in Maine) to ship to my address (in California)?  Because that's something I've definitely accepted at this point.  Or are you cringing at the fact that my tentative buyers managed to secure a copy for cheaper, in that timespan?  You've really got my noggin' joggin' on this one, twats.

Listening right now. Was amazed by side A's sound quality.  Side B had a bunch of strange pops and static. I took it off the table and saw under light that there are scratches and blemishes all over it. This is straight out of the package.

Emailed BM about a replacement.... ugh. This sucks. I've been looking forward to this for so long. 

Got my box in today and it's gorgeous and significantly bigger than I was expecting!  I haven't looked at pictures, so I wasn't expecting the booklet box within the much larger box.  I haven't spent much time looking at it and probably won't have time to listen to it for a few days, but I'm pretty happy I opted for it already.  Very nice collector's piece.