Bluetooth Speaker Set-Up Help

Hi all,

Not sure if you can help - but my girlfriend bought a U-Turn record player.

She has a receiver and was looking into getting bluetooth speakers rather than wired ones. I don't have much knowledge of how the bluetooth works - any recommendations for speaker set-up that is bluetooth enabled? Do I need to figure out the receiver type? I am trying to be sneaky as I'd like to buy this as a gift so let me know if anyone needs more info! 

Edited by dobrock

Do wireless speakers digitize the output and flatten the sound? The whole point of listening to vinyl (in my opinion) is the different analog sound quality. I'm assuming using wireless speakers would have the same quality as an mp3 and if that is the case... whats the point of spending all the extra money on records?

I may be reading your post wrong but I don't think what you're describing will work.

Bluetooth speakers are designed to receive a signal from a bluetooth source like a phone or laptop and a receiver with bluetooth capability is designed the same way to receive a signal from a bluetooth phone or laptop and then play that signal via it's wired speakers not to transmit bluetooth to wireless bluetooth speakers.

Bluetooth speakers would defeat the object of the receiver and wired speakers as they have their own amplifiers inside them and because of that apart from the really expensive ones they are not going to be anywhere near as good quality as the average receiver and wired speakers so you might as well play an mp3 file through them anyway rather than a record on a turntable.

You would need some sort of device that could take an output like the tape output from your receiver and for it to transmit bluetooth to your bluetooth speakers but what's point? The only wireless thing I've found that is any good at all is the Google Chromecast audio which I use a few of to link up all the proper HiFi's in my house, it's way better than Sonos or any of the other wireless things I've found but still no good for sending the signal from a turntable to another audio system.